Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • PSA Dare2B Softshells (again)
  • druidh
    Free Member

There was a bit if a fuss about these a couple of months back. SportPursuit are selling some off for less than £27.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

there was, followed by a growing consensus that the sale price was the most they were worth. We bought 2, wrong size but got money back as I was so unimpressed with them.

Not trying to rain on your PSA but if someone missed the las thread there were a few underwhelmed purchasers.

muddyfunster
    Free Member

Yeah. Not a good cut for biking at all, nor are they fit for it in the long run. or even the short run. After little washing the glue holding the cuffs together comes apart and the water proof lining on the zips perishes. Very poor piece of kit imo. If I saw one for £10 in TKMAX I’d have to think about it, probably a waste of a tenner really.

If DARE2B want to push into the mountainbike apparel industry (as they obviously do) they should think about actually developing some clothing that is fit for mountain biking. There’s a gap in the market for performance gear at a reasonable price, but they would need to do their homework and develop something, instead of flogging generic no brand stuff, labled up and sponsoring the odd bike race and hoping nobody notices their gear is tat.

Junkyard
    Free Member

i was pleased with what I bought for me and my kids

Junkyard
    Free Member

i was pleased with what I bought for me and my kids
    Not used for MTB

druidh
    Free Member

There you go – I didn’t see the follow up as I hadn’t bought one.

cb

Bugger, had one of the originals in the wardrobe since the last offer and was going to sell it!! Still has labels on but I have too many jackets. Seemed fine to me but obviously not used.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

never even used ours but the material and construction, seams, zips etc all looked distinctly budget (bought them for their intended use as ski/board gear). My not exactly expensive Columbia jacket is still going strong, bought in ’97 and for first 2 years I lived in US 45 mins from a ski resort and had a season pass. The D2B looked like it’d last a week.

johnnystorm

I’ve got a regatta one which cost £25 from Go Outdoors (TKMAXX had them as well). It’s been great on the bike and kept me dry in some pretty filthy conditions.

stanfree
    Free Member

I bought one and it was fine for £15 especially with a t shirt on underneath on night rides. I wouldn’t pay anymore than that though . Also bought a Royal Racing showerproof jacket for £19.99 which would have been a bargain If It wasn’t such a horrible red.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘PSA Dare2B Softshells (again)’ is closed to new replies.