Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • PSA: Cyclo-cross race in Bristol this Sunday
  • ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

As part of Bristol Cycle Festival the Council asked us to (very hastily) arrange a 'Cross race for this Sunday:

Please come along and/or spread the word.

Ta.

trickydisco
    Free Member

Is there lots of walking up hills with these cyclo cross races then? 😀

singlecrack
    Free Member

can I use my 29er ????

Clink

I'd be there but already arranged something else 🙁

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

SW cross series also starts this Sunday 😀

singlecrack
    Free Member

sorry just realised I am doing the brecon beast

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

Is there lots of walking up hills with these cyclo cross races then?

No mate 😀 The pic was actually taken a couple of seasons ago at the unusual Purdown venue. 'Tis a particularly evil hill, that one.

can I use my 29er ????

Yes mate.

sorry just realised I am doing the brecon beast

You ARE my hero.

trickydisco
    Free Member

aye.. i know the hill in purdown.. It's crazy steep!

Are you doing the cobble wobble this year? I'm thinking about having a bash (or do you have to be a fromeonian?)

Starrman28
    Free Member

Hi Chas, you racing? What about SB is he still flying round? The bike is in the Garage ready to go……………just need a free weekend..:)

I went past Purdown on Sunday and my legs went weak at the thought of that climb.

AnalogueAndy
    Free Member

Starrman28 – Member
    Hi Chas, you racing? What about SB is he still flying round? The bike is in the Garage ready to go……………just need a free weekend..:)

I went past Purdown on Sunday and my legs went weak at the thought of that climb.

Lap 1 it's fine, lap 15 is different 🙂

'Free weekend' pass allowing hope to be there too, will put the word out

Starrman28
    Free Member

Andy, how are you? Have you been about NH5 lately? I was only talking today about sorting a ABW trip to Cwmcarn. You be up for it?

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

@ Trickydisco:

aye.. i know the hill in purdown.. It's crazy steep!

I rode up it every lap last year 😀 And finished 5th to Will Bjergfelt's 1st. Chuffed to bits with that one.
    And, yes, I am doing the Cobble Wobble this year (third place last year 😉 ). Can't guarantee anything like that level of success this year, so have entered the Singlespeed category this time round. If you DO want to enter, get in quick. Places are nearly gone. And, no you don't have to be a Froman*.

@ Starrman: Hiya Dave. Yes mate. I've had a year 'off' this year, and have taken it very easy (I'm a Vet now!). I will be racing CX again this season, but with nothing like the form (and I use the term in its broadest possible sense) I had last year. Burgess is absolutely pinging. I haven't ridden with him all year cos I simply can't keep up.

@ AnalogueAndy: Cheers, Andy. It's nowt to do with the Western League it's just a race. Might be a nice season-opener! Don't know if I can make it myself, yet. Got some Rellies from Canada visiting…

(*That's my word. And probably not the right one.)

drain

Hmmm… worryingly, I can't think of a reason not to be there… 😕

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

@ drain: Victoria Park might not be the best venue to break your CX duck and *may* put you off for life 😉 Maybe wait till the Conham River Park or Ashton Court races which are more mountainbikey.

AnalogueAndy
    Free Member

Starrman28 – Member
    Andy, how are you? Have you been about NH5 lately? I was only talking today about sorting a ABW trip to Cwmcarn. You be up for it?

Hi Dave, Did pop over to Oak to check out the showers. Defo. on for that trip. TooTall on here and I have been talking about getting a ABW Cycling Club off the ground… New rack on the (new) Mondeo – so can take 4 bikes.

So see you at Conham Dog Sh!t Dump then Chas if not before. Cobble Wobble a 'possible for me, ditto ToB Stage 5 finish Glasto on Weds.

TooTall
    Free Member

Did pop over to Oak to check out the showers.

I've heard about your sort. Dodgy.

TooTall
    Free Member

I tell you what – if the front row aren't ashamed of those dodgy haircuts, I hate to see what horrors the back row are hiding under their helmets!

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

LOL! Dream ZeroG Cycle Team… An unholy alliance if ever there was one!

Starrman28
    Free Member

Hi Andy

There's a few roadies over NH5 who are interested in doing something and seems like plenty of MTBer's. I'd be up for something..:)

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Cyclo-cross race in Bristol this Sunday’ is closed to new replies.