Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • PSA: Crud Racer 2 road mudguards for £15.74
  • boxxer7
    Free Member

Spot on!

monkeyboyjc

Great thanks crashtestmonkey – been after a cheap set of these.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Having just bought a set of Racer 2s off amazon for £20 I was thrilled to see this on HUKD 🙄 , but given the weather thought it worth cross-posting.

theyve also got the Michelin Pro Race 3 tyre in red for £13.99 (£12.59 after code),

http://www.probikekit.co.uk/bicycle-tyres/michelin-pro-3-race-clincher-road-tyre/10780137.html

euanc
    Free Member

Was just about to order a set from Wiggle, cheers!

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Will they fit a Kaffenback with 18mm tyres?

njee20
    Free Member

18mm? Surely not.

IMO RaceBlades are far better.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

lol 28mm!!

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

the reason people buy them is they fit pretty much everything, if you look at their web site they show them fitted to aero frames with b*gger all clearance.

They are fiddly but Ive had a set on my winter/commuter for a year of 150 miles a week. The middle section on the rear has just worn through (it rubbed and I didnt bother fiddling with it…), at this price its worth us buying a second set to cannibalise as spares (they sell spares but they aint cheap).

IMO RaceBlades are far better.

agree but

1) they aint 16 quid
    2) they dont fit my bike

renton
    Free Member

Will these fit on my boardman hybrid?

Jamie
    Free Member

Will these fit on my boardman hybrid?

Depends on tyre width.

renton
    Free Member

they are 700 x 28 ?

Vortexracing

can’t get the link to work or even the website to find anything with crud in the title, do you think they have sold out?

Jamie
    Free Member

Link dead, so assume they have sold out.

Cached link here for the record.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

can’t get the link to work or even the website to find anything with crud in the title, do you think they have sold out?

or figured with the discount code they were selling at a loss, and thanks to STW and HUKD just had a stampede of orders? thanks Jamie, for proving I’m not mad!

carlphillips
    Free Member

weirdly I’ve just been able to buy a set?

Jamie
    Free Member

HUKD

Ah. Expect to see a lot of cheap-ish Mk2s on eBay.

Vortexracing

weirdly I’ve just been able to buy a set?

smart arse 😆

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

smart arse 😆

Dry arse?

DT78
    Free Member

cheers!

TiRed

Save your money and put it towards some far superior Raceblade Longs. I would never go back to cruds after mine disintegrated.

takisawa2

I’ve been after some Raceblade Longs but was told the distributor wasn’t sending out any more due to an issue with the brackets snapping.. 😐

The Giant Defy guards are reckoned to be very good. (And cheaper).

TiRed

Thought they’d replaced the brackets with new steel ones. I’ve seen the Defy ones and they too look fine. But for fast removal it is the Raceblades for me.

Haze

I’ve tried both versions of the cruds, not a patch on the Raceblade Longs I have on now.

Well worth the extra, wish I’d tried them first and not wasted time and money faffing about.

Kahurangi

Even at that price I’d go for raceblade longs every time.

marco
    Free Member

Dug out my old old pair yesterday (V1) to fit to my commuter, a Moda intro.
    They fit the front no problem but nowhere near the back! Must only be a couple mm clearance!
    Got some conti gatorskins on which are quite big but not massive.
    Well fukced off

simmy
    Free Member

I’ve been looking for some Race Blade longs and Ribble, Merlin, Evans are out of stock.

JimBowen
    Free Member

Try Planet X for race blade longs.

I learnt the hard way and bought crud road racers before buying race blade longs which imho are a far better mud guard and worth paying the extra money for.

Vortexracing

will race blade longs fit 25c tyres?

JimBowen
    Free Member

i have schwable marathons in 25mm on my bike and they seem fine but i guess it depends on your frame and fork clearance

legend
    Free Member
    simmy
    Free Member

I bought some SKS Chromoplastics yesterday from Merlin, £29.95 but, after a bit of fiddling and adjustment, they seem solid.

I had to warm the plastic on the guard and bend it slightly on the chain stay bridge as it was catching but I blame the welding on the B Twin frame for that not the guards as the welding didn’t seem 100% symmetrical and it’s really tight clearance at that point of the frame.

birky
    Free Member

My Cruds arrived from Probikekit today 😀

Kahurangi

will race blade longs fit 25c tyres?

I has some Specialized Roubaix tyres in 25/23 flavour (25 mm major diameter, 23 mm dia contact patch) and they did not fit. They appeared to clear ok, but grit and slight abrasion wore away one of the clips. I now use a twist-tie to keep that one on 😀

monkeyboyjc

just had an email to say mine have been delivered ‘in a secure location’ but I’ve been in all night and cant find them anywhere……

boxxer7
    Free Member

Mine have arrived, need to get on and fit them for the morning

Jamie
    Free Member

Mine have arrived, need to get on and fit them for the morning

Handy:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrB6DRk2cwE[/video]

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Crud Racer 2 road mudguards for £15.74’ is closed to new replies.