Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • PSA – ContourHD helmet cam -cheap.
  • Mackem

Looks a damn good deal to me.

willard

Saw that, and despite having only just recently bought a Contour 1080p, I’m thinking of buying another at that price.

Or hoping that the GoPros come down in price as much…

organic355
    Free Member

is that the new totally waterproof one?

Milkie
    Free Member

is that the new totally waterproof one?

No, I think that’s the ROAM.

lesinge
    Free Member

Is there a mount for xc style lids for these??

Milkie
    Free Member

Is there a mount for xc style lids for these??

I have the helmet mount on my Giro E2 XC lid, comes with straps too, extremely secure.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

These mounts are for vented helmets – since the lens rotates, you lay the camera on the its side and rotate the lens 90 degrees to get the correct orientation:

willard

Not sure the ROAM is as waterproof as the GoPro is when in its housing, but it’s enough for generally running around in the rain.

Milkie
    Free Member

Never had a problem with my Contour in the rain, but I certainly wouldn’t be dunking it in water without a full waterproof case.

Carlos45
    Free Member

Have to say I’m struggling with my vented helmet mount – finding it difficult to securing it. Any ideas/suggestions would be appreciated.

When my head did stay still – the picture quality was pretty good.

monogramman
    Free Member

Just use the goggle mount and zip tie it to your helmet.

I took advantage of the Amazon price and am very impressed.

It only comes with a 2GB micro sd card but I have changed to 16GB which is the maximum.

It is not waterproof but is splash proof, so OK in the rain.

Milkie
    Free Member

… I have changed to 16GB which is the maximum.

Maximum card size should be 32Gb.

…finding it difficult to securing it…

I used another piece of velcro around the camera to hold it against the helmet, which eliminated the buzz.

Personally I prefer the handlebar mount, as I found it hard to get the bike in shot, without the camera being too low. Here’s my handlebar mount in action:

[video]http://vimeo.com/31575455[/video]
    Look forward to your videos! 😉

monogramman
    Free Member

Maximum card size should be 32Gb.

Really?

I’ve read 16GB is the maximum so just bought one 😡

Still records a lot of video

xcentric
    Free Member

That looks great value.
    I was considering this, partly cos it’s cheaper and partly cos it’s small – anyone got experiences of it?
    Dogcam bullet cam

Milkie
    Free Member

I had a lok at the dog cam, and for the price I would go for the ContourHD. The ContourHD can record at 720p@60fps and it has a replaceable battery (Nokia batteries) whereas the Dogcam doesn’t have these.

For those reasons alone I would go for the ContourHD, I have 3 batteries and usually use at least 2 and always record in 720p@60fps.

The lens also looks bigger and it wouldn’t surprise me if the ContourHD beats it in low light and switching between low light (tree cover) to bright open bits.

xcentric
    Free Member

Thanks Milkie. Only thing slowing me is that the contour is reviewed to be slow in adapting from bright to low light, and it’s tha bit bigger. Am not sure how often I’d actually use the thing if I’m honest – wife suggested it for seeing what it ride and laughing at me crashing – so may still try the cheaper option. Useful input tho.

GEDA
    Free Member

Anybody rent this type of camera? It is the kind of thing that would be fun for a few goes but otherwise not something I would like to invest much money in.

Drac

At the price they are Geda it’ll be cheaper to buy and then sell on if you don’t use. I have the contour GPS and it’s pretty good, used a fair few times.

Mackem

60 quid – non HD but I doubt that’s a big problem.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘PSA – ContourHD helmet cam -cheap.’ is closed to new replies.