Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • PSA cheap tablets in Tesco
  • allthepies
    Free Member

On what grounds ? Retailers must love this type of behavior.

jon1973
    Free Member

Unless it’s faulty, I don’t think they’re under any obligation to give you your money back unless you bought it on-line.

stumpy01

hora – Member
    Does it take a SIM card?

No. I think there’s a US version that does but it’s much more money…

allthepies – Member

Oooooh, get you!
    They tell me on their website that it is fine to do it, so perhaps they do ‘love this type of behaviour’.
    On the very same page that the tablet is on, there is a link entitled ‘returns are easy’…..click it….and this outlines how you can return stuff through Tesco Direct.
    I also explained the situation to the bloke in the electronics bit of the shop; that I was buying it for my wife and would I be able to return it, if she didn’t want it. He said it was no problem to do that.

Any other sanctimonious comment you’d like to make?

allthepies
    Free Member

Any other sanctimonious comment you’d like to make?

OK.

Perhaps you could work out if you need a product before purchasing 🙂

prawny

Don’t bother with a cheap 3g one, youd be better off saving the money and putting it towards a 4g mifi thing, then you can still use the same tablet but have the faster mobile internet cheaper.

dbcooper
    Free Member

Perhaps you could work out if you need a product before purchasing

I think the idea is to help the customer do exactly this.
    If it was my business I would offer easy returns. It is a reduction in barriers to trade.
    So if my customer is vacillating on their decision on whether to buy, then no need to worry, just buy it and then they can change their mind later (t&c’s obvioulsy).
    I would expect to get more sales using this method than not doing easy returns, as I would convert a percantage of vacialltors into buyers who might be too afraid to tempt it otherwise. Once people get it home a certain percentage cannot be bothered to take it back.

jon1973
    Free Member

It’s also about considering the life time value of a customer rather than just the purchase they are making. If you have a liberal returns policy, for example, the customer is far more likely to come back and spend more money with you in the future.

toby1

stumpy01 – work for Domino?

It’s my local Tesco to home that one.

stumpy01

toby1 – ha ha, I used to work for them from 2000-2004.

I work just up the road nr Swavesey, so it’s only 5 mins in the car.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Hora, i am with Virgin Mobile. (sim only)£15 per month, unlimited data, texts and calls. Working in Anglesey means crap wifi, so i tether my mobile to my tablet. Great for streaming netflix and sky go.
    Virgin piggy back onto vodaphone and orange so the signal is pretty good.

hora
    Free Member

m.direct.asda.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-ASDA-Site/default/Product-Show?cmpid=ppc-_-ad-pla-_-ggle-pla-_-Computers-and-Software-_-000512976&cm_mmc=ad-ppc-_-ggle-pla-_-Computers-and-Software-_-000512976&istCompanyId=71f4ae42-94c5-4821-aa58-05eff6da2486&istItemId=xiprxmatp&istBid=tztx&pid=000512976

Is thos better?

hora
    Free Member

Hang on. They have Samsung tab3 @79????

nickjb
    Free Member

I returned my tab 3 to get the g pad. I wanted 8″ so the tab 3 8″ is slightly more expensive and the g pad is better so its an easy decision. The tab 3 was playing up as well, although possibly fixable. When you compare it with a 7″ it gets a bit trickier.

The tab 3 is ok and for £79 quid you can’t go too far wrong. Its pretty well specced and was a lot more expensive when it came out. Samsung have messed about with the os a bit. The tab form factor is nice and compact and better then other budget 7″ tablets as it has a thin surround.

bomberman
    Free Member

Thanks for the heads up im writing this from my new G pad

hora
    Free Member

Bought the Tab3 and they threw a Belkin flipcase reduced for 8quid.

For a starter one and for my 4yr old who cares? 🙂

smudge
    Free Member

Used it this evening coming back from Rhayader. Even more impressed as only had to pop the micro SD card in from the video camera, clicked the video app and all the thumbnails popped up to play. Camera pics were just as easy to view as well. Great having a quick access just after a days biking and no fancy cables and waiting for them to load.

Like I said. Well impressed.

stumpy01

My wife was well pleased with hers. She’s just messing about with it after charging it all evening.

allthepies will be relieved to hear it won’t be going back.

allthepies
    Free Member

Yay!

😉

kimbers

none left in twickenham:-(

stumpy01

allthepies – Member
    Yay!

HA HA! 😀

BigJohn

Has anybody used this tablet yet with iPlayer downloader? My Sumvision tablet running ICS is a piece of crap and the download just hangs . This might spell the end…

stumpy01

Bigjohn, nope not yet tried it.

smudge
    Free Member

BigJohn, downloaded a rally programme over the weekend and watched it last night, no problems what so ever.
    Got a case on order from Ebay to put it in now.

BigJohn

BBC iPlayer FAQs states “We are aware of reports of downloads on Android devices not completing for some programmes.”

So not just my Sumvision tablet then. And it’s nice to have HDMI out so I can play it back through the TV.

Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘PSA cheap tablets in Tesco’ is closed to new replies.