Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • PSA – Cheap Kaspersky Internet Security
  • dannybgoode

Well, more of a tip then a one time offer.

Kaspersky (I think) are the only Anitvirus / Internet Security software co that not only allow updates of the virus databases during the license period but the whole software package to the latest version.

So, if you have Kaspersky 2012 you can upgrade to the latest 2013 version for free.

Now, given that the 2013 version costs £30 odd for a 3 license package from Amazon and the 2012 version only £12 there is quite a saving to be had.

All you do is buy the 2012 version but download the 2013 version from kaspersky.com and then enter your 2012 license key.

This also works for license renewal. So, your year is up and its nagging you to renew the license. Simply buy a cheap 2012 copy (2011 and earlier will probably work also but I’ve not tested those), pop that license key into the nag box and you’re done.

Cheers

Danny B

jam-bo
    ampthill

jam bo

my thoughts exactly. An industry wiped out by one product

dannybgoode

No – but for those that use Kaspersky its worth checking out.

Cheers

Danny B

mikewsmith
    Free Member

For those that use Kapersky MSE is worth checking out

dannybgoode

Don’t like MSE personally but agree very good for a freebie.

Cheers

Danny B

duffmiver
    Free Member

people (not companies) that pay for AV are stoopid!

Cougar

As paid-for AV goes, Kaspersky is one of the better ones.

Whether you need “total Internet security” or just AV is a whole other discussion, of course. Personally I find it causes more problems than it solves, and you’re better off with safe computing practices and common sense.

I really should get around to writing a security guide at some point, it’s a question I field a heck of a lot.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i agree with cougar (well i would, i work in a similar job (i think?!)) except i tend to just not bother responding to these threads any more because it often ends up being more trouble than it’s worth!
    but anyway- MSE has some strange poor ratings on some tech sites but in actual real world use it’s as effective as AVG or Avast, and far less intrusive/more stable than the other 2.

Get MSE.
    Don’t pay for AV software.
    Install MalwareBytes’ Anti-Malware and update/run scans once a week or so.
    Don’t bother with “internet security” type packages- waste of money. just don’t be an idiot on the internet instead.

dannybgoode

Oh, I am fine with not being an idiot on the internet. My wife on the other hand has caused me pain in the past hence why I run it.

Personally I wouldn’t even have AV on but will not take the risk with others using my computers.

Cheers

Danny B

theflatboy
    Free Member

I used to swear by Kaspersky until I realised it was the primary culprit in obliterating my laptop’s RAM; it immediately came off all my computers to be replaced with MSE. Very happy with the switch.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Cheap Kaspersky Internet Security’ is closed to new replies.