Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • PSA Another stonking Wiggle bargain .
  • chakaping
    Free Member

My money says he got banned from pinkbike for being too annoying.

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

Not quite njee20, but then again I certainly am not old like most you decrepid frequent posters.

Oh and I may partake in the classic posting up a pic of my new wonder build if you’re lucky 😛

Let’s just say it’s not an atrocity that is a Trek top fuel 😉

dirtyrider
    Free Member

His top fuel went ages ago

Your up early for you paper round kid

teamslug
    Free Member

My bikes better than yours and if you say anything I’ll get my dad to get you cos he was in the army so there!.

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

Mornin Chuckle at dirtyrider and teamslug.

njee20
    Free Member

Not quite njee20, but then again I certainly am not old like most you decrepid frequent posters.

You mean decrepit? Not got that English GCSE yet eh? Keep on studying champ, you’ll get it!

You seem very hung up on the aesthetics of bikes. Bit weird.

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

Well actually I was using old skool English to be precise.

No not really, just Konas.

njee20
    Free Member

Haha, do you talk back to your teachers like that? You cheeky little scamp.

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

I wish I had the where with all to do that back in the day although it would of resulted in the slipper/cane.

njee20
    Free Member

Would have*

Wherewithal*

Maybe you’d best leave that GCSE a bit longer.

Anywho, this is getting tiresome, and we’ve gone wildly off topic. Even if you flog the frame that Kona is decent value, and despite your epic bantz we’ve not seen anything you have that is better for the money, so either back up your moronic claims, or toddle along back to Pinkbike or SDH ta.

Gaz.dick
    Free Member

This has totally made my morning!

Thanks hopey for being so arrogant its funny 🙂

I’ve never been a Kona fan myself, but that doesn’t mean I would go round making radical claims that they’re all terrible and mock, what is quite clearly a decent bike.

For 2300 quid, I’m pretty sure I could built a canny bike too, especially if I was buying second hand, but I don’t see what that has to do with buying an off the shelf new bike?

To suggest the the reviews are paid for or whatever seems a little conspiracy theory for my liking, it appears we must all accept your word that its a terrible bike….. or we accept that the reviews (from multiple sources) are accurate, decisions!

keypulse
    Free Member

Is anyone going to pick out all the superfluous punctuation in the last two replies or are the grammar nazis only picking on hopey? :-/

doncorleoni
    Free Member

Don’t worry hopey ignore the old boys on here with nothing better to do. If you have a different opinion to the regulars on here you will get picked on. Like a school playground this is. Grow up boys.

I agree with you to some extent, I have ridden the process and it rides well but there are better bikes out there and it looks a bit gash.

scandal42
    Free Member

I have ridden the process and it rides well but there are better bikes out there

Well I’ll be damned, I was 98% certain this was the best bike in the world.

Back to Google I go

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

If you have a different opinion to the regulars on here you will get picked on. Like a school playground this is. Grow up boys.

the rest of the site would suggest this is clearly not the case.

Continuing to troll rather than answer a question and provide useful/interesting info might get people’s backs up though. He could have named or linked this better-value bike 40 posts ago and we could have a discussion on relative specs, merits etc.

Sadly the Kona Satori has sold out at Rutland as that was a similar bike, lower spec but the massive price difference (they were going for £1500) would have left a lot of cash to upgrade.

Still interested to hear alternatives, the Radon Slide is one of the few I can think of that is stonking value (£2K gets reverb stealth, XT, DT wheels etc I think)>

doncorleoni
    Free Member

By “the rest of the site” you mean the 6/7 usual posters that have been around for ages with nothing better to do than pick on the bloke?

This site is for everyone. Hopey had an opinion that people didn’t agree with and it descended into childish grammar corrections.

This place is full of idiots now and a shadow of the place it once was. Shame.

johnnystorm

That’s patent nonsense. A PSA for a widely respected bike was slated by someone who suggested better could be had but made no attempt to substantiate that opinion. Only THEN did the pisstaking commence. If Hopey had said “actually, for £2300 you could buy the Xyz from ABC you’d get a better bike because…” this wouldn’t have turned out the way it did. Nothing to do with so called big hitters or a forum elite calling any shots.

njee20
    Free Member

No, Hopey waded in all elbows saying “lolz, that’s shit, you could get much better for less”, and has failed to back this up. He regularly ‘contributes’ to threads in this way. It gets tiresome after a while.

Had he started by saying “not keen on the looks, and I think this is better *insert link to better bike*, we could have had a discussion. As it is he seems entirely uninterested in such discussions and just wants to make daft and entirely pointless comments.

Edit: Dammit beaten by 9 seconds!

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Anyway anyone found one in large yet, the XL looks GIGANTIC!?

thejesmonddingo

Where is hopey this evening? I hope he’s not been kept in after school,

doncorleoni
    Free Member

I don’t class anyone who has responded on this thread as a “big hitter” or forum elite. I used the words “usual posters”, sorry to disappoint.

Anyway you lot carry on, I am off for a ride. I don’t like arguments on here.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Anyway you lot carry on, I am off for a ride

as flounces go, no more than 3/10, been done before.

Would love to ride, nicer out there now than it has been all week, sadly at work for another 4 hours…

taxi25
    Free Member

@ doncorlioni
    No one on this thread has called themselves big hitters or forum elite, the only refrence to that was preceded by “so called”. Not sure why your defending hopey‘s trolling, but I do agree with you about about the grammar police, thats trolling as well in my book.

renton
    Free Member

He regularly ‘contributes’ to threads in this way. It gets tiresome after a while.

Hopey is cock full stop.

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

How bitter some of you lot are, I mean honestly, I bet your the types who nearly have a coronary if the postman drops letters through your box the wrong way up or down as it may be.

I don’t actually have to justify my comment to anyone about that Kona so I’ll leave it there.

As for trolling the forum, what you mean like most you lot too fps.
    I equally have access to this forum for information and to get information just like you so quit your whining and grow into real men.

johnnystorm

I almost hate myself for pouring fuel on this particular fire but here goes…

I don’t actually have to justify my comment to anyone about that Kona so I’ll leave it there.

No, but it’d be nice wouldn’t it, to try and give some weight to your opinions?

I equally have access to this forum for information and to get information

Information would suggest that what was offered had sufficient detail to “inform”. If in the first instance you had said why a really well reviewed bike wasn’t a great deal and then shed some light on what you thought then what you typed above about “getting information” might hold water. i.e. someone might be able to save themselves from buying a duffer. Wouldn’t you be annoyed if you were about to buy a bike and someone else said you could do better but wouldn’t share?

How about everyone calms down and remembers the weekend is nearly here. 8)

whippersnapper
    Free Member

This thread is well (what word can i use here without upsetting the world*) innit**. Worse than one of those dramtic trailers for ‘made in newskoolplumsinmouthyuppyland’

* probably ‘shit’
    ** quite like the look of the bike myself

scandal42
    Free Member

Slag

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Actually really like the look of the bike and the reviews, and have had an n+1 itch for a while. Only 1 of each size left, and I’ll never find out what this mythical better bike is. Main thing putting me off is the 200+ quid cost of replacing the cassette, I’m used to paying 35 for an XT thru gritted teeth… 😉

johnnystorm

Actually really like the look of the bike and the reviews, and have had an n+1 itch for a while. Only 1 of each size left, and I’ll never find out what this mythical better bike is. Main thing putting me off is the 200+ quid cost of replacing the cassette, I’m used to paying 35 for an XT thru gritted teeth…

Buy a shimano freehub for the hope hoops and go XT. Won’t save much in the first instance of course… 😆

chakaping
    Free Member

He’s got you there.

Come on, get that wallet out.

AlexSimon

Main thing putting me off is the 200+ quid cost of replacing the cassette, I’m used to paying 35 for an XT thru gritted teeth…

I know it’s still not cheap, but there’s always GX XG-1150 at about £90 currently

AlexSimon

Or even 105 Euro from Germany, which is much more like it.

munrobiker
    Free Member

He may be a bit misguided this hopey but he does raise a valid point that I have been thinking about lately- what is going on with Kona and pricing? They do seem very expensive at the minute, the basic Process 137 is almost two and a half grand and comes with a fork with steel stanchions for goodness sake. And they seem to be hanging around and getting discounted and still not selling. It seems to happen to Saracen too.

Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)

The topic ‘PSA Another stonking Wiggle bargain .’ is closed to new replies.