Home Forums Chat Forum PSA: Alien started 10 mins back on BBC1.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • PSA: Alien started 10 mins back on BBC1.
    Poopscoop

You know it makes sense.

That bloody cat though…

Cougar

Is it the remaster?  They’ve done a 4k print of Alien (and Aliens), it looks great for its age.

binners

Cheers for the heads up. One of the best films ever made

IHN

I mean, I know I’m in a minority of one, but I’ve only seen it once and I was underwhelmed.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

I’ve lost count how many times I’ve watched, especially from part way in, when flicking through the channels and finding it by chance. Actually saw it was on ahead of starting last night, but too tired to stay up and watch.

maccruiskeen

The original childless cat lady

binners

Stayed up and watched it despite having seen it countless times. I did get to see it on the big screen not too long back when they stuck it on as a one-off midnight performance to mark some anniversary of its release. Strongly recommended if you get the chance

racefaceec90

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

You can watch it on iPlayer you know! I’m about to ;))

Cougar

The original childless cat lady

Aside from her daughter Amanda Ripley, you mean?

sirromj

It had been so long since I last watched it I’d forgotten so much of what happened…. Apart from the chest scene obviously. Enjoyed! Going to work my way through the whole lot of them now :-)

redthunder
    Free Member

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Channel flicking, ~10mins in on BBC 3.

garage-dweller

Just on the egg scene.  The fact it’s still uncomfortable viewing 44 years after it was released says a lot about it I think.

Why the heck would you stand there looking straight into the egg at the point where you realised it was about to open?!

Run you fool!

Too late. Squiggly face hugger now in position.

Poopscoop

“You are my lucky star…”

Still remember how nail biting it was the first time I watched the film and Ripley is attempting to purge the air in the shuttle.

Superb tension building!

sirromj

**** A!

stingmered

Thread title aged well

sirromj

I’ve been working my way through the films in release order. Watched AvPR last night. It got right one of the many things the first Alien vs Predator got wrong, all the gore. Unfortunately it failed to build any tension whatsoever, not helped by the high school jock storyline, and a bunch of characters that I didn’t care about.

And why were the predators so crap at hunting? Why did only one go to earth to resolve the situation that wiped out a ship of predators? King stupid!

Massive cringe at the end scene where the folk who survive are waving guns around not putting them down in front of the military demanding they put the guns down. Disappointed the military didn’t just shoot them!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.