Viewing 38 posts - 161 through 198 (of 198 total)
  • PSA 50% Of at Aussie grit apparel
  • stevie750

Bummer 🙁 Shite time to loose your job

After a challenging period for us at Aussie Grit Apparel it is with a heavy heart that we have taken the decision to close the business.

convert

Sad but I think it was pretty obvious from the cuts in the sale that this was a firesale.

Shame.

jimmy

Bugger. Nice stuff, albeit it is at half price.

seadog101

That’s a shame to hear them closing. I managed to get the shorts, and they are superb, I was hoping to get more if further sales popped up.

londoncommuter
    Free Member

Being selfish, does the e-mail say what’s happening with refunds? I sent some stuff back to them yesterday.

Superficial
    Free Member

Here you go:

After a challenging period for us at Aussie Grit Apparel it is with a heavy heart that we have taken the decision to close the business. We started 2020 with so much positivity and plenty to look forward to including great events, new activations and investment in our next collection of Aussie Grit Apparel for later this year. However, COVID 19 has made a significant impact to our business and our exciting plans. We will cease our web sales on 30 June but will provide support for any product issues for the month of July.

We want to thank you, our wonderfully loyal customers and partners, for all of your support over the past two years and for sharing our journey. We hope you will continue to enjoy your Aussie Grit products and carry our spirit on your adventures in the great outdoors.

We never say never, so we hope there is an opportunity to connect with you again.

Team Aussie Grit

househusband

Hmm… a shame. Guess I misinterpreted what they said “if you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em”!

bigdaddy

Just got in there with a gilet- such a shame, I love my jacket and shorts…

convert

Hmm… a shame. Guess I misinterpreted what they said “if you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em”!

To me that sounds like they are off to work for a bigger competitor/retailer.

These micro brands can be an incredibly small operations. Have enough contacts in the business to know which factory Rapha get their kit made in, employ a designer for a week or two to run up some technical flats, a factory visit and you are up and running (I’m simplifying but not a lot). After that it could be just one or two employees (inthis case maybe one or two in Aus and one here acting as a sole agent). It would be interesting to know where Mark Webber fits into this – did they approach him, did they pay him to be a brand ambassador, was he an investor?

honourablegeorge

Shame, their kit was nice, sales were great, customer service was excellent.

househusband

To me that sounds like they are off to work for a bigger competitor/retailer.

These micro brands can be an incredibly small operations. Have enough contacts in the business to know which factory Rapha get their kit made in, employ a designer for a week or two to run up some technical flats, a factory visit and you are up and running (I’m simplifying but not a lot). After that it could be just one or two employees (inthis case maybe one or two in Aus and one here acting as a sole agent). It would be interesting to know where Mark Webber fits into this – did they approach him, did they pay him to be a brand ambassador, was he an investor?

I know the name of the chap behind the UK operation as he used a differennt email address when I dealt with him to get the XL bibshorts that he’d had returned; I was nosey so Googled him and he’s certainly what I’d consider a ‘high flier’ from what I could see, besides a keen and very capable cyclist. I’ve replied and wished him all the best for the future.

ginkster

Being selfish, does the e-mail say what’s happening with refunds? I sent some stuff back to them yesterday.

My return got to them today and I was refunded a couple of hours later so you should be fine. Shame as the kit is very nice. Especially at the sale prices!

funkrodent

Real shame. Such good quality kit. Just went back to site and bought tights, t-shirt and running shorts. None of which I actually need, but hey I’ll find a use for them.

Was tempted by the down jacket. Do like a nice down jacket. Sold out though. Did anyone get one, love to know if they’re as good as they look!

iainc

I bought 2 pairs of the baggy bibs on impulse and am quite impressed with them for lockdown gravel rides. I have been wearing them in preference to Endura Pro SL bibs and Castelli gravel shorts, which is a more comfy setup for rides over 2 hours, but for local stuff the Aussie kit is a winner…

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

gravel shorts

Gravel specific shorts? Who knew? 🙂

@pistonbroke
    YGM

vinnyeh

Sad to see this.

Only thing I  bought from them was the combo shorts, I’d been looking for a reasonably priced (and coloured) setup like this for a couple of years, since first seeing Specialized’s version. The pad is good though not great, for me, and cut me up a bit on a really wet day but they’re a decent piece of kit, and I reckon they’ll be my goto short for most short-medium distance riding now.

A shame that I only really became aware of them due to this psa. Idly wondering what will happen to the IP now…

EDIT:Looks like the websites gone now.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Website working here, still showing some stuff as available to buy

iainc
    convert

Just ordered a load more for my wife as pretty much everything is still available in female sizes and I have finally convinced her to get off her arse and look at it before it is too late (a wife that hates shopping – I am blessed).

Hope it fits as I would imagine returns now might not be a thing if they are closing imminently.

13thfloormonk

Sorry to bump a thread with a sad ending, but there’s someone local to me selling a Flint Jacket, brand new, size L (probably asking more than it cost on sale, but it still looks like a good deal).

How’s the fit? Unfortunately I’ve been spoiled by a Gore C7 jacket with long arms, dropped waist and no excess fabric around the front but would accept anything that was slightly better than my Endura eVent which rides half-way up my forearms when I’m on the drops…

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Canny really comment on fit, as I’m sure what fits me, disnae necessarily fit you.

I’ve a large, but nae tape measure here (In aviemore til saturday) I’ll measure all the dimensions when i get home if you want, you can check against the gore?.

djflexure

The Gore kit varies quite a bit, seem to remember C7 was a racier fit. I have a race fit Gore [Gortex] jacket in large which is very fitted on me at 14st. The Aussie Grit jacket is a bit more relaxed in comparison, without being especially baggy. Arms are decent length. I happily ride it on the road.

13thfloormonk

Thanks both.

NoBeer, had pestered seller to take some measurements, then actually remembered that you had linked me to an eBay special with the measurements already listed!

Will see what he comes back with in case it’s a different model year or something.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

👌🏻

winston
    Free Member

I must admit the Flint jacket is not my favourite bit of AG gear. Considering their gilets,shorts and running kit is so good I was a bit underwhelmed by the jacket. The fit is boxy, the offset zip doesn’t work well and it needs vents. It’s nowhere near as accomplished as the Gore shakedry stuff or even the AG running jacket which my wife has.

It’s ok and for 50 quid it was worth it (in fact I think it went even cheaper) but I wouldn’t rave about it like the two gilets which are superb.

arogers
    Free Member

I have the flint jacket and agree the fit is on the casual end of the cycle spectrum. I’m 187cm, 90kg and a bit gangly. I bought the XL and XXL to try, assuming they’d be a fairly racy fit, but even the XL has more room than I’d like. Sleeve length is decent for me.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’m the same height as you arogers, 3kg heavier, but never been described as gangly.

Large is a good fit for me, slightly more room than 2 gilets, but still a decent fit.

13thfloormonk

I think I need an education in tailoring…

The arm length is apparently the same as the arms on my Endura jacket, which are hopelessly short. That said, the Endura is a size M, makes me wonder if it’s tight across the back of the shoulders which might pull the sleeves up.

Maybe I should just pony up for that Galibier Tourmalet jacket, shame it’s only in red, not quite as subtle for mid-ride pub stops…

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Sleeves are definitely not short.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

But you defo want that galibier!

lister

Long shot: did anyone order a Woman’s gilet in Medium and wish they’d ordered a small?
    Want to swap? My daughter’s is blue and a bit snug.

kipling

(Sorry if this bump causes disappointment!)

Did anyone buy a Medium flint thermal/soft shell gilet that is too small!? I bought one in large and loved it, but have only worn it once of twice as it’s too big….and thought I’d ask on the any chance someone wanted to swap their medium for my large!?

seb84

I haven’t got one to swap but I’d buy your large off you if you don’t find anyone to swap.

messertom
    Free Member

Apologies for bumping an old post. Worth watching the video for the ‘QuickFire’ questions at the end

It would be interesting to know where Mark Webber fits into this – did they approach him, did they pay him to be a brand ambassador, was he an investor?
    Mark Webber – Aussie Grit interview

Shame that they made a proper go of it, designing and developing their own kit instead of rebadging etc and it didn’t work out.

I got one of the limited edition Edale Loop jerseys and can’t fault it.

hannahjayy
    Free Member

Lister, 8 months late to the party, but I have a spare women’s gilet in medium to sell if still required. It’s the lighter weight Flint one, i bought one and was gifted one shortly after so it has never been worn.

ads678

I thought it was Mark Webber’s company as he’s a keen mtber.

Superficial
    Free Member

Damn I thought there was more stock somewhere.

agis2012
    Free Member

Just listed an Aussie Grit Flint jacket (size Large) on Ebay today if anyone wants one. Its a great jacket but I prefer my Decathlon AM Jacket which has a great hood.

Viewing 38 posts - 161 through 198 (of 198 total)

The topic ‘PSA 50% Of at Aussie grit apparel’ is closed to new replies.