Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 198 total)
  • PSA 50% Of at Aussie grit apparel
  • RicB

Flint mtb shorts turned up yesterday. Very impressed with the fit, design and quality. No way I’d pay rrp but for £40 they’re an absolute bargain.

Went on to check for some ignite bibs but website down…

Edit- back up now. Probably my rubbish old browser

dogbone

Edit- back up now. Probably my rubbish old browser

Their web-site has been hit and miss for over a week. I think the sale is pushing over the edge.

I got the mob shorts and a top. Lovely stuff for the price.

winston
    Free Member

Now my wife has seen my kit she wants in on the action….

Does anyone know how the female range sizes up relative to normal uk sizes 8,10,12 etc?  Specifically the Quartz shorts and 3/4 running tights

As an aside it never ceases to amaze me that people go to the trouble of writing a review and hardly ever put sizing info up. There are 10 reviews for the 3/4 tights and none of them say anything useful!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

My wife is a size 8, the xs gilet fits her perfectly.

I never check reviews for sizing, the AG site gives measurements for size, I used that.

stevie750

my order has completed it’s tour of Scottish cable-stayed bridges and turned up today. Quality is good, be trying them out this weekend

robw1
    Free Member

my Flint shell arrived today. Really impressed. Got it in the latest round of discount for £35. really nicely cut. Size large – which i would be in normal (non-cycle) clothing. materials feel good quality, neat, taped seems. No vents so it might be a bit hot. Material looks to be pretty breathable stretch stuff. it will probably be used on the road bike in winter. only downside is that it doesn’t pack down very small…..although small enough roiled up to fit into rear packet of a roadie jersey.

winston
    Free Member

Wish i’d brought mine with me today!  Just put the light gilet on and its going to be raining cats and dogs on the way home…..

RicB

Wish i’d brought mine with me today! Just put the light gilet on and its going to be raining cats and dogs on the way home…..

My flint lite gilet is very water resistant…

mercuryrev

My light gilet arrived in France today, size large, perfect for my 40inch chest and 6ft height. Shame about the 5 extra pounds that went on in lockdown, but once they’re lost the zip won’t be under so much strain.

Other half’s gilets worked out great too, size medium for a size 10/12.

Very happy with the quality and amazed at the price.

Thanks to the OP for doing the PSA.

blitz

Bit gutted here to be honest. Missed this thread until most of the men’s stuff had sold out. Managed to pick up the shell and the wife got a load of stuff. Arrived today and it looks absolute quality.

I’d be all over the bike kit if any was left, particularly the flint shorts and light gilet. Wife is grinning like the Cheshire Cat.

londoncommuter
    Free Member

OK, slightly embarrassing confession but I got a thermal and light gillet in XSmall Womens.

Not part of a new cross dressing initiative but I was advised by Aussie Grit that they might fit me better as I am tiny. Nice and snug but flairs a little on the bottom and so the waist isn’t as tight as I’d like. Is this how they are (maybe as they need to stretch over jersey pockets which might be full?) or is it for the fairer sex’s hips? Blitz, can you ask Mrs Blitz for any pointers!

If only they’d had it in pink……

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Mrs nobeer has a xs gilet, sits lovely across her hips, if ye a skinny wee runt, I can see how it would flare out a bit.

blitz

Yep, Mrs blitz has a small gilet and it sits snug over the hips. She reckons all of it is the best fitting stuff she’s had. Guess it’s cut that way for the fairer sex as you say.

househusband

My second order from them arrived today and, again, I’m immensely pleased. The flint shell jacket is outstandingly well designed and made and an absolute bargain at £35, the XL fits me perfectly. Also ordered a merino beanie and some socks to get free delivery but they were worth getting in any case.

As someone above has said, thanks again to the OP @LeeW

luv2ride
    Free Member

Hey people. Light gilets back in stock if you’re quick…

donncha

SubjectiSubjective question but how tight should the shorts be?
    I ordered the bib, MTB and running shorts in size small (I’m about a 31” waist which is half an inch more than pre-lockdown!) and they all feel a bit snug.
    I haven’t worn bibs before and I am very aware of straps on my shoulders.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

You won’t notice the straps on the bike, as you’re kinda hunched over, all my bibs are like that, feel tighter when stood upright.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

If anyone has large AG bibshorts they want shot of, I’ll take em.

sowler
    Free Member

@donncha

If your finding them too small I missed out and would happily take them both off your hands.

winterhasarrived
    Free Member

Xl bibshorts wanted ta

stevie750

Discounted even more. not a lot of sizes or bike stuff left though

dawson

The way they are clearing stuff out, they must be shutting down

13thfloormonk

Honestly I just figured the prices looked so good because the RRPs were artificially high, e.g. bibs were great but no WAY were they worth £180 retail.

How long have they been around, have they been selling at RRP for a while now?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I hope they’re not closing, as you say mibbe not worth 180 quid, but I got a pair of Fox Ranger shorts the week before for 52 quid, and the AG shorts are a league above in terms of quality.

I reckon I’d pay 100 quid for them, now that I know how good they are.

winston
    Free Member

They have been around since 2018 from what I can see so not very long.

I just don’t think they had the name or marketing prescence to command such high prices, however if the same stuff had a Rapha, castelli or other well known brand name i’m sure people would be very happy with the kit. Its top notch quality and design but with one or two odd fitment quirks which a brand like castelli or assos wouldn’t let out the door.

I bought a pair of the 2 in 1 bibs for 90 quid before they dropped the price and I am more than happy with them at that price.  I now have pretty much 1 item of all the kit and so does my wife. she reckons the 3/4 running tights are the best she has ever seen.

stevie750

The quality is really good. I do hope it’s just a clear out before all new lines but am not too hopeful

dogbone

UK-MUC-ZX-KW

‘May’ give another 10%. It just worked for me.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Cheers dogbone, worked for me!

househusband

Bought an XL Light Gilet on eBay yesterday, brand new with tags, for £24 posted – was genuinely surprised to find that I was the sole bidder. Also have another pair of XL bibshorts on the way… I think I’ve bought enough Aussie Grit bike wear to keep me going for a year or two!

frogstomp

Anyone got the Flint jacket.. is it comparable to a Gore Phantom in terms of weight and material?

badstoob
    Free Member

It does seem to me that the sale is the end of the company, which is a shame. I bagged a pair of Ignite 2in1 bib shorts and the light gilet and have worn them over the past few days and I have been extremely impressed.

Hopefully, they will be lauching new lines but I fear that the prices are indicative that they’re closing down.

househusband

Hopefully, they will be lauching new lines but I fear that the prices are indicative that they’re closing down.

When I emailed them to ask if by any chance they had any XL bibshorts returned as they didn’t fit (they did, so I bit their hands off!) I asked if the sale meant the end of them in the UK and this was what they said:

“Good questions regarding Aussie Grit Apparel; at the moment it’s a case of “if you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em” regarding the sale, and we’re busy planning for the future.”

If anyone’s after Large bibshorts or ladies gilet there’s one of each on eBay, new.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

If anyone’s after Large bibshorts or ladies gilet there’s one of each on eBay, new.

I spoke to the guy selling the bibshorts, but he’s more focused on the RRP rather than what he paid for them…

househusband

I spoke to the guy selling the bibshorts, but he’s more focused on the RRP rather than what he paid for them…

Had a feeling folk might be doing that… :-/

I could happily pay for letting them break even after eBay takes commission, maybe a bit more… depends what they’re worth too you I guess. They are bloody good shorts, mind.

winston
    Free Member

I just checked my credit card statement – I appear to have spent slightly more than £400 on Aussie Grit since the 50% sale started……….That is for me and the mrs though.

The only piece I’m slightly dissapointed with is the mtb jacket – why do ‘upmarket’ cycle companies insist on offset zips? All it means is that when you have them slightly unzipped the larger offset bit flaps around in your face rather than falling naturally to the side like a central zip, Its not just the AG jacket that does this but its a pain in what is otherwise a great bit of kit.

pistonbroke
    Free Member

I reckon I’d pay 100 quid for them, now that I know how good they are.

Strange, you rejected paying £75 for the pair I offered you that I’d tried on for size and felt were a bit on the big side. I’ve worn them on the bike now for about an hour and they’ve been washed on cold non bio cycle so still look like new, still interested?
    Edit, I paid £90 for mine and was very happy that I’d got good value.

convert

why do ‘upmarket’ cycle companies insist on offset zips? All it means is that when you have them slightly unzipped the larger offset bit flaps around in your face rather than falling naturally to the side like a central zip, Its not just the AG jacket that does this but its a pain in what is otherwise a great bit of kit.

I love an offset zip me.

Lovely and non catchy when done up.

martinhutch

And pop, they’re gone, as predicted by some.

Closing at the end of the month.

Shame, some lovely gear.

RicB

Just got the same email- very sad. Brilliant clothing, managing to be both very well designed and very well made

onehundredthidiot

Just got the “we’re shutting down” email.
    My last order was despatched this morning.
    Bugger

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 198 total)

The topic ‘PSA 50% Of at Aussie grit apparel’ is closed to new replies.