• This topic has 17 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by jes.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • PS3 at Tesco for £120
  • wait4me

Worth a punt? Only 12gb, is that a problem or is it easy enough to expand? Want to play a few games but more interested in Blu Ray and Lovefilm downloads. I’m pretty clueless, but seems like a reasonable bargain to me.

Taff
    Free Member

My mate said you can expand the memory in them. Not sure how. Had been looking at the £145 deal in HMV but that deals sounds better especially if you can use vouchers and quidco!

Drac

You can extend the memory by buying the cradle and then a hard drive or you can just buy the bigger version from the start. It’ll soon fill up as many games now install part of the game on the hard drive.

AdamW
    Free Member

Niece bought a 12GB one, so I bought the cradle and installed a spare 320GB drive. Very easy to do and when it first starts after the drive is installed it formats it and copies over the content of the flash disk.

Cradle cost me a tenner from Amazon.

wait4me

Cheers guys. I think it would be rude not to.

Lifer
    Free Member

You can use any external USB HDD formatted to FAT32 or any 2.5″ laptop drive internally which will be formatted by the PS3.

Go for a nice solid state drive.

roady_tony
    Free Member

@LIFER you can install 2.5 directly inside do you mean? replacing 12gig? cos I got lots spare 32gb to 100
    or do u need the cradle still.
    I want one soley fot gt5!

AdamW
    Free Member

You can install a 2.5″ sata drive inside but you need the cradle. The right hand side cover slides off to show the connector/hole.

willard

Sod it… Just by the HDD mounting bracket from eBay/Amazon for tennet and get a cheap half terabyte 2.5″ disk from ebuyer. Easiest and cheapest way to get a 500Gb PS3.

renton
    Free Member

Out of stock according to Tesco website?

Are the stores likely to have them in or not?

andeh

They’re the same price on Amazon.

Drac

If you’re installing GT5 forget 100gb go bigger.

renton
    Free Member

Got a link to Amazon at all?

Brainflex

HMV, game n sainsburys at 120 quid

duirdh
    Free Member

GT5 is 11gb in total most other games are nowhere near as large an install, but even if you do ever run out of space it takes seconds to delete obsolete data from old games/demos. It’s only if you’re going to fill the HD with films, vids/pics and music you’ll feel short changed with a 100gb HD

renton
    Free Member

Just bought one from game for £125 with a free Spiderman hd download!

ski
    Free Member

So how long before we see a PS4 I wonder?

jes
    Free Member

I read somewhere maybe 2013/14.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘PS3 at Tesco for £120’ is closed to new replies.