Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Proud dad photo
  • bobalong
    Free Member

We’ve just been out on our first ride together and I think he liked it.

Age 7 months he’s heavier than the entire bike, so it did feel a little strange, but it was great fun.

jamj1974

Very cool! Watch out for windchill though – little ones can get v. cold up front.

bobalong
    Free Member

It was chilly, I decided not to wear gloves so I could feel how cold it was.

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

Very cool, what bar ends do you have on there?

matt_outandabout

whoooop!
    (Islabikes is the answer to the next question….)

bobalong
    Free Member

Thanks guys, I had to be stopped taking him out again this afternoon! Instead we went out for an 8 mile walk with him in the backpack.

Having babies is the best reason to get out and about. I can’t wait until he does more than sleep when he gets in the backpack.

The bar ends are Ergon GP3’s, they’re great on a flat bar, a little odd on my riser bar.
    http://www.ergon-bike.com/us/en/product/gp3

passtherizla
    Free Member

Was out first thing with my lad having fun with the weeride.. He blooming loves it.

Wookster

Great pic mate! You should keep it up some at home he’ll be riding on his own in no time and his will be a wicked memory!!!

BigCol
    Free Member

He’ll be like this in no time at all…. time flies….

bobalong
    Free Member

BigCol, that’s a smart little bike! How old is your boy?

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Enjoy this time chaps, mine are 14 & 15, still horizontal when I popped home for lunch!

BigCol
    Free Member

He was just turned 4 when he was riding that one. He got a balance bike when he was three – he loved it to bits. It made the transition to pedal bike really easy – only took a few mins in the park 🙂

He did 5 mile rides (to the pub!) on the pedal bike a couple of weeks after he got it.

Your little one will be on balance bikes before you know it!

barty81
    Free Member

cool pic, the wee-rides are great but do find the frame mount a bit of a faff.

jamj1974

That Wee Ride has two advantages over the Hamax seat we used.
    1. No cold little hands trying to warm themselves up your jersey or worse down your waistband…
    2. No sore kidneys from over-eager encouragement to go faster from hard little hands!

jamb0n
    Free Member

Fantastic! The Weerides are great . Took both of ours since around the same age. Now 18 mths and nearly 4 yrs.

Them and you can see everything when they’re at the front.

Trouble is though the older one still wants to go on the front rather than in the trailer. 🙂

brakes
    Free Member

this is awesome! I was waiting for my kid to get a bit older (he’s 9 months old) before getting a weeride but having seen bobablong’s picture I’m going to get one. he’s big for his age (98th %ile) so is sturdy enough to cope – I reckon he’ll love it too.
    now… I guess I need a dedicated bike to put the seat on? so new bike time?

WillH

this is awesome! I was waiting for my kid to get a bit older (he’s 9 months old) before getting a weeride but having seen bobablong’s picture I’m going to get one. he’s big for his age (98th %ile) so is sturdy enough to cope – I reckon he’ll love it too.
    now… I guess I need a dedicated bike to put the seat on? so new bike time?

My son was ‘riding’ to daycare from 8 months, and loves riding off-road (started at 14 months).

Just a quick suggestion before you spring for a wee-ride… I have both a wee-ride and a Yepp Mini, and find the Yepp much better. It probably depends to a certain extent on your frame geometry and how long your legs are, but I found the wee-ride sits lower and further back than the Yepp, so interferes with knee clearance more. Also, when I fitted the Wee-ride I discovered that my frame and/or seat post flexes quite a lot, so the rigid bar of the Wee-ride affected the handling as it stiffened the whole set-up, and there was much annoying creaking from the joint in the Wee-ride bar.

On the other hand, the Wee-ride attaches to the frame, while the Yepp attaches to the steerer tube so moves with the bars, which affects the handling in a different way altogether… doesn’t take long to get used to, mind, but still worth bearing in mind.

If you can, try to find someone locally who can loan you a wee-ride to check the knee clearance before you buy. Although that goes for any seat I guess, what works for one person won’t suit the next.

brakes
    Free Member

thanks WillH, I’ll check the Yepp Mini out too.
    Friend has weeride, so will see if I can borrow it.
    I’ll be building up a bike from spares and stuff I can scrounge/ buy cheap (probably a Cotic I’ve got in the shed). My legs are short (31″).
    I do like the Weeride’s headrest as I can see the boy nodding off.

WillH

You can get a headrest for the Yepp I think, have a google.

boxelder

I can’t wait until he does more than sleep when he gets in the backpack.

Yeah, ‘cos having your ears yanked for two hours isn’t annoying at all………….
    Enjoy 🙂

bobalong
    Free Member

My boy’s only 7 months, but has great head control and is on the 98% line too. It’s a snug fit for him with his snow suit on, so i be amazed if he can still use it at age 4.

I borrowed this seat from my lbs, they do yepp too, but as this one was going spare I went for it.

Halfords are doing 20% off online on the weeride, so makes them ok money.

I’ve fitted mine a little different from the way they recommend, mainly as I was scared bolting it to a carbon post.

It does make you ride bandy legged and getting on/off can be trickier but it’s not bad and as I’m not going wild with him on I doubt it’ll ever be a problem. I will get a dropper post to make it easier.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Proud dad photo’ is closed to new replies.