Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Proud Dad moment.
  • ir_bandito
    Free Member

Took jnr_bandito #1 out for a ride on saturday afternoon. Was told by the wife to “get out for a few hours to burn some energy off him”
    Did a classic local 10 mile loop in 2 1/4 hours including some pretty substantial climbs and plenty of off-road sliding around the mud. Asked him if he wanted me to get a photo of him on one sections of singletrack, was told “no, a video”.

So here it is

Not bad for a 6 year old I reckon. Seriously thinking that the next bike might have to be better than an Isla bike, he was complaining that the rim brakes didn’t work in the mud for one!

muddy9mtb

looks like the start of a very expensive hobby

mintimperial

Nice work!

he was complaining that the rim brakes didn’t work in the mud for one!

I had the same from my lad. I bet the brakes are working fine, v brakes are more than powerful enough to stop a 6yo even in the wet. It’ll be the tyres slipping, the stock SB8s aren’t great in the slop…

I told mine to stop being daft and get on with it but then I’m a bit of an old meany. 😉

AlexSimon

Yeah – don’t let him get into the habit of blaming his tools. He can do that when he’s paying for them 🙂

richpips
    Free Member

Good work.

Will that saddle go down a bit?

muddy9mtb

don’t let him get into the habit of blaming his tools

yer nip that one in the bud 😯 was at Dalby yesterday when some youngster came rolling up to the shop and pulled a tyre slicker… “you can tell he don’t pay for the tyres” was my comment

lemonysam
    Free Member

Is that the drop down towards Fourstones, if so I had a massive OTB there when I was a little older than him. Happy memories!

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Will that saddle go down a bit?

Yes. In fact it needs to go up by half an inch really as he’s grown again, so already is “down”.

Is that the drop down towards Fourstones

Yep. Shame there’s not more like that bit.

robdob
    Free Member

Nice one!

I can imagine a few people on here watching this, ashen faced, as they see this small boy go down that hill faster than they have ever done themselves!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Proud Dad moment.’ is closed to new replies.