Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Properly comfortable double sleeping mats
  • Gunz
    Free Member

With a lot of camping coming up this year myself and my other half have grown tired of the usual airbed that invariably deflates during the night and gives an awful nights sleep. Does anyone know of a good self-inflating double mat (although will go for a single each if it’s the better option) with a budget of around £150?

Cheers

fubar
    Free Member

My wife has never complained about the Vango 7.5cm thick one we bought and think she prefers it to her mattress at home. We bought the double but 2 singles might have been easier for packing.

Gunz
    Free Member

Cheers Fubar, that’s one of the ones on my possibles list, I’ll give it a whirl.

Stoner
    Free Member

A technique I was taught by Bob @ http://backpackinglight.co.uk/ was to take two of: a length of shock cord in looped with a draw cord lock and then take each shock cord around the two mats with a twist at the join. Stopped them drifting apart in the night. OR during, ahem, exercises 🙂

BigJohn

We use the Multimat Camper 75 self inflating double. It’s incredible that something that thin (nominally 75mm inflated) is so amazingly comfy. It doesn’t pack down small though, and it takes a bit of deflating. However, we have a great night’s sleep after many years of grumbling about airbeds.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Vango Adventure DLX 7.5 XL (either 2 singles or double if can find) all the way. Large roll size but comfeee like all sparkout

peterfile
    Free Member

We use two expeds and the joining kit. I’d be amazed if there’s a comfier option out there for the weight/price and year round camping ability.

We “roughed it” on closed cell and thermarest for years, but I’ve always struggled on multi night trips, particularly in winter. The expeds were a total game changer, especually winter when you’re on them for 15 hours in sub zero temps.

gogg
    Free Member

Either the large exped mat or a couple of the lighter more useful ones with a “couples kit” as Peter suggested above.

ads678

I just bought one of these:

http://www.sportsdirect.com/gelert-camper-self-inflating-double-mat-782177?colcode=78217790

No idea if it’s any good yet bought thought i’d give it a go for the price.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Properly comfortable double sleeping mats’ is closed to new replies.