Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • proper downhill mountain biking – canaries? or where else in October?
  • nosedive
    Free Member

so now that I have to book all holidays around the school holidays for some reason our only family holiday is October.

any suggestions on where I can go that wont be cold and I can rent a downhill bike and do some good riding.

I thought canary islands but google returns a lot of road riding and old hardtails…….

Potdog
    Free Member

We have a DH shuttle service, but unfortunately no DH rigs for hire.

honourablegeorge

I had a fantastic trip to Les Arcs in October, lifts closed, but had uplifts with Coolbus.co.uk, recommend them.

Well, I say fantastic, but I spent three days with the shits. IF I hadn’t been exhausted, dehydrated and running into the trees every few minutes, it would have been fantastic.

Dunk10
    Free Member

Malaga. Roostdh or switchbacks dh. full uplift, about 10 runs a day, plenty of beaches etc fantastic accomodation and only a 10-15 min transfer from the airport!

nosedive
    Free Member

thanks for the replies guys

Potdog – just found your website, looks good! I would settle for a trail bike as long as someone takes me to the top of the hill. Will be in touch if we settle on Tenerife!

Dunk10 – malaga – hadn’t thought of that, good one….

honourablegeorge – nice, but the kids will insist on a beach I think

ianv
    Free Member

Algarve with freeride Portugal. Pretty tech tracks, stinkys for hire, nice apartments next to a beach at olhao.

honourablegeorge

nosedive – Member
    thanks for the replies guys

honourablegeorge – nice, but the kids will insist on a beach I think

Finale Freeride in Finale Ligure – uplifts, rental, beaches, the lot.

nosedive
    Free Member

Finale Ligure you say…… looks great, trying to convince my wife now.

Do you think she will twig that I am blatantly organising our family holiday around mountain biking?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Try Bike Riviera Bike – I rode with one of the owners a couple of weeks back in the UK, very nice people and sounds like a good setup with lot of repeat customers.

Riviera Bike

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘proper downhill mountain biking – canaries? or where else in October?’ is closed to new replies.