• This topic has 53 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Problem with adverts
  • sbob
    Free Member

How many salaries came out of those costs?

Probably fewer than STW has to cover, but then I’m not sure how many people draw a salary at STW.

We had only adverts from relevant suppliers, all contained in one part of the website/forum. There was no need to actually ever look at the ads, but because they were unobtrusive and relevant people chose to look.
    All the advertisers were very pleased with the arrangement.

giantalkali
    Free Member

These £$^%ing ads are enough to drive me to Mumsnet, where I can swear

whitestone
    Free Member

Cougar, Drac,

Since the redirects seem to be a problem at the moment why not make the main thread about them sticky?

Since only certain users seem to be affected it’s likely that there’s a common link between them such as they’ve viewed a particular thread (I’m assuming this is what folk are meaning with the Ling references) that others such as myself haven’t. I’ve an old version of iOS on my iPad, it’s a version 2 model so doesn’t have enough oomph to run the newer versions of the OS, and crucially for this discussion – no adblocker. I don’t see any redirect and haven’t seen one ever.

CountZero

what adds

Well, I could post the same, and have, but only in connection with the obtrusive pop-ups, and as I’ve frequently said, I never use adblocker software, just DuckDuckGo as my default browser via Safari. In fact the only popup ad that’s blocked my screen was when I opened the Daily Mash article linked to on another thread, I just never get them here anymore.

mehr
    Free Member

Google chrome and constantly getting redirected to spam/malicious pages

globalti
    Free Member

Fifteen quid to view the forum without ads? Er, no thanks. Apart from at times like this when redirects are a problem I am happy to ignore them. I’d rather ride my bike then spend the £15 on a round of drinks for me and my cycling buddies and enjoy the banter.

tuttonp
    Free Member

I have no problem ‘suffering’ the ads because I am not paying a subscription, most are cookie based and sometimes even relevent. I do have a problem when the ads get hijacked and redirect to a rogue malware site, that should not be a reason for members to say tough luck pay up.

seosamh77
    Free Member

globalti – Member
    Fifteen quid to view the forum without ads? Er, no thanks. Apart from at times like this when redirects are a problem I am happy to ignore them. I’d rather ride my bike then spend the £15 on a round of drinks for me and my cycling buddies and enjoy the banter.

sounds like a wild night that yin! 😆

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

I’d love to read the op, I can’t though as it’s hidden by an ad 😀

Screenshot_20171030-052055.png by [/url] – Flickr2BBcode LITE

tomhoward

I’d rather ride my bike then spend the £15 on a round of drinks for me and my cycling buddies and enjoy the banter.

One round of drinks, once a year, vs a whole year of the same bantz on here? Not sure you’re getting great vfm…

Drac

Bloody hell that’s pretty bad Kenneth.

I’d rather ride my bike then spend the £15 on a round of drinks for me and my cycling buddies and enjoy the banter.

Obviously someone who never gets a round in.

zokes
    Free Member

Obviously someone who never gets a round in.

I dunno, I was drinking very nice ale at 2.50 a pop near central London a couple of moths ago. Surely six pints would be a reasonable round?

bearnecessities

Bloody hell that’s pretty bad Kenneth.

Ask him how often it happens..

Drac

I dunno, I was drinking very nice ale at 2.50 a pop near central London a couple of moths ago. Surely six pints would be a reasonable round?

Yup one round probably dones’t buy that round though.

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Problem with adverts’ is closed to new replies.