Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Pro Road Cyclist Yoann Offredo attacked on training ride
  • RustyMac

Pro Cyclist attacked with baseball bat and box cutter

What the heck is going on in the cycling world at the moment? This incident sounds terrible.

xc-steve
    Free Member

There’s something we’re not being told here.

Random attack on a cyclist for his bike?
    Attack from french cyclist fans annoyed he’s moved teams?
    Dodgy area of town?

Why no further details but make sure its still in the news?

RustyMac

@xc-steve good points sir.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Aye, it is all rather odd….

chilled76
    Free Member

Possible PR stunt?

Fell off mid ride. Took some pictures and made out he’d been attacked to get some press coverage?

I know his name now…

atlaz
    Free Member

There’s not much info at all. However people are filling in the gaps saying journos are hiding the truth (immigrants or whatever). However it seems the only ACTUAL info is from his facebook which is “I got attacked”. I’d think the right thing to do is to wait for more facts rather than creating our own story.

chakaping
    Free Member

Attack from french cyclist fans annoyed he’s moved teams?

Froome should be worried about this year’s TdF if that’s how the French fans are rolling now.

I’d think the right thing to do is to wait for more facts rather than creating our own story.

That’s not much fun though.

My money is on an altercation over somebody’s driving.

devash
    Free Member

Could have been anyone. No point speculating whodunit.

jobro
    Free Member

Over on Road CC someone who checked french media said the attack was following an altercation between three cyclists and the inhabitants of a car that escalated into the injuries we have seen. Who knows??

atlaz
    Free Member

That’s the suggestion in the comments on the website for l’equipe but I don’t know how confirmed that is

sbob
    Free Member

“I’m not angry,” he wrote. “I’m not angry, I’m just sad to say that I hope my children don’t take up this great sport that I love… too dangerous.”

“You leave for training in the morning, but you never know if you’re going home.”

😆

atlaz
    Free Member

Arsehole driver. Rider goes to have words. Knifing and beating ensue.

He was allegedly confronted by a driver of a car and a passenger in the Chevreuse Valley, south west of Paris on Monday afternoon.

Offredo, who has ridden several editions of the Tour de France for France’s top commercial team FDJ and now the Wanty team, was out for a practise ride with two pals when the incident happened.

He said: “A car raged very close past us. Suddenly the driver braked with the intention of making us crash.

“I wanted to talk to the driver, but she was trying to get out of the car with a cutter blade. In reflex I blocked the door of the car. Then the passenger got out of the car and picked up a wooden tool handle from the suitcase.

“With that he hit me and afterwards headbutted me.

“The police then intervened. A case was opened and a complained filed. I suffer from pain on the nose, on a rib and suffer from several bruises. I still have to go to hospital to determine the extent of the damage.

chakaping
    Free Member

*claims winnings*

bigblackheinoustoe
    Free Member

I blame it on disc brakes

Rorschach
    Free Member

Don’t blame it on the sunshine

garage-dweller

No clearly it’s the boogie.

MoreCashThanDash

C

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Pro Road Cyclist Yoann Offredo attacked on training ride’ is closed to new replies.