Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Pro 2 evo hub spacers + 20mm revelations = Side to side play in the front wheel?
  • kudos100
    Free Member

At first I thought it was the headset or brake caliper, but I’ve narrowed it down to the hub/spacers. The front wheel wobbles side to side and it seems like the tolerance is not right somewhere.

Any ideas how to get rid of this movement? I’ve tightened to maxel up and everything else is tight.

MadPierre

If maxle etc is all spot on it’s new bearings time. Easy to change.

Conan257
    Free Member

I had play on some brand new Pro 2 Evo/15mm Revelations.

Removed it by doing the maxle up a bit tigher when screwing it in.

carlos
    Free Member

Had exactly this on my 20mm Revs Hope Pro 2 set up and it wasn’t the bearings.

After lots of faffing and trying to tighten up things I settled for a BFO washer between the outside of the left leg (when sat on the bike) and the maxel. It was as though there wasn’t enough thread on the maxel and it wouldn’t screw in enough. Iirc Rob Hughes on here had he same thing

jameso

I had the same issue on a brand new wheel and fork. Seemed like the hub tolerances weren’t right and the 20mm cap needed a large thin washer to push it out a bit. 2 other wheels fitted fine, so did the Hope after shim-bodging.

granny_ring

Didn’t someone else post the same problem recently?
    Think it ended up being that were sent the Pro 3 adapters instead of the pro 2s.

jameso

The problem I had was a new hub inc the ends, pre-Pro 3 I think.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Pro 2 evo hub spacers + 20mm revelations = Side to side play in the front wheel?’ is closed to new replies.