Viewing 7 posts - 161 through 167 (of 167 total)
  • Privateer magazine – anyone got theirs?
  • fivespot
    Free Member

For those still trying to get a copy of issue #1, Tweeks Cycles have them in stock £9 post free (just got mine, very nice it is too, more of a book than a mag.) Wiggle also have them in stock for £9.50 posted ( even though the cover price is £9, they quote RRP as £10, and then they let you have 5% off !? )

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Just had an email from “Privateer” saying:
    “Dear Mr Taylor,

As a subscriber to Privateer, we thought you might be interested to hear about its sister title, Rouleur. etc”
    and offering me a free hat if I buy it. My name is not Taylor 🙁

finnegan
    Free Member

Me too, and I’m not Mr Taylor either. Saying that, I daresay the sender of the e-mail isn’t Mr vjsbzheqydwhewqjk.
    (Privateer <mail.vjsbzheqydwhewqjk@dovetail.msgfocus.com>)

the-muffin-man

I would say so, as in this case the printing needs to speed up, this always leads to a loss of quality and more wastage IMO, so prices go up. not to mention faster presses cost more money, this cost is passed on to the customer (Privateer in this case)

You must have been out of the print trade a long time!

Modern fast presses have led to far better and more consistent quality, and cheaper prices too. Make-ready times are bugger-all, as is wastage. A short magazine run like this is a piece of cake to a modern Heidelberg or Komori press.

The cost of Privateer will be down to two things…
    a) As with everything in the print trade, the less you have the higher the unit cost.
    b) To keep it exclusive, which probably explains most of the cost!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

b) To keep it exclusive, which probably explains most of the cost!

if they keep up this standard it may become even more exclusive :o)

tomko
    Free Member

Just popped down to my local bike shop (leisure lakes wolves) and they’ve got issue #1. I’ve looked everywhere for this and have struggled to find it, so i’m just letting you guys know that it’s available at Leisure Lakes in Wolverhampton. Great mag, a definative purchase, it’s just a shame we have to wait until february for issue two.

toons
    Free Member

Anyone got number 3 yet?

Viewing 7 posts - 161 through 167 (of 167 total)

The topic ‘Privateer magazine – anyone got theirs?’ is closed to new replies.