Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Potential stolen black orange 5 on gumtree
  • maurizio
    Free Member

Hiya, just checking.. has anyone had a black orange 5 stolen? Theres one going on orange 5 for £450 which is an insane deal, but seems too good.. considering how much the frames go for! On the other hand.. if it’s not stolen.. dibs.
    Heres the link:

http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/orange-five-moutain-bike/1035902851#photo-content

joeelston
    Free Member

Aye that’s dodgy!

wurzelcube
    Free Member

Forks must be worth that alone… £3200 one year ago and now he wants only £450. I suppose it could be genuine and he’s missed a digit in the asking price.

maurizio
    Free Member

those we’re my thoughts.. :/ poor bastard whoevers had it stolen!

maurizio
    Free Member

bump

bobbyspangles
    joeelston
    Free Member

The ebay listing seems legit.

matt_outandabout

The bike on eBay is in Derry..

joeelston
    Free Member

This is only a wild guess. The ebay listing is legit and the the gumtree is some sort of scam where he takes a small deposit normally through paypal to hold the bike ‘as lots of people are viewing it’ I enquired once about a road bike in Dundee and he wanted 50 quid through paypal which he would return if I didn’t want to buy it!

nwill1
    Free Member

Yeah some kinda scam, as I was reading the add I thought he seems to know about the bike, crank length of 17mm is very specific then saw the eBay ad!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Potential stolen black orange 5 on gumtree’ is closed to new replies.