Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Postie being naughty? (Doubt it, but now got missing goods)
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

So lately we’ve had three differing items through the post that have been opened, first one was the sun Alton towers tickets, envelope was completely sliced open at one end, however they were still in there. Next was a small Jiffy bag which had again been opened but was only an I phone lead so still in place. However today there’s been another delivery, again smallish Jiffy bag but the goods are missing. At this moment in time I don’t know what was inside as it was a present for my birthday tomorrow so mrs WS isn’t best pleased.
    Visit to the sorting office next call? And does using a credit card for payment cover the goods insurance wise?

patriotpro
    Free Member

Was it bought pp gift from watsontony?

project
    Free Member

Also report it to customer care just in case local delivery office keep it in house, 0845 7 740 740.

AlasdairMc

Have you ever bought illicit drugs by mail, or anything that would raise suspicion?

atlaz
    Free Member

Why wouldn’t you have called them after the second one?

spooky_b329

And does using a credit card for payment cover the goods insurance wise?

You need to contact whoever you ordered it from. Its their responsibility to deliver the item to you. Either go for the plain and simple ‘its not turned up’ which may mean waiting a while before it becomes officially lost, or tell them its tampered with and stolen, along with a suggestion they send the replacement by recorded delivery.

Credit card cover will only be required if they refuse to refund/replace.

plyphon
    Free Member

Spooky is right.

The item hasn’t arrived to you – plain and simple.

Just be honest and inform the shop ASAP. The longer you leave it the more suspicious it looks on your part.

Provide pictures of the packaging.

They’ll have agreements and their own insurance with the royal mail so no one will loose out who shouldn’t.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Like I say I’ve no idea what it is, the second parcel didn’t raise any big thoughts because the goods were still inside. The mrs has just said youd know what was inside quite easily. Only 20 quid but its the principle!

wrightyson
    Free Member

It’s from Switzerland. Make a difference?

andyl
    Free Member

surely this is a Police matter?

Have you kept the previous tampered with packages?

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Do you live near postierich & did it have a price tag on the envelope?

😉

spooky_b329

I assumed it was your Mrs who ordered it, and therefore she would be able to do the legwork to get another delivered?

wrightyson
    Free Member

Yeah she’s emailed the sellers. I’ll find out tomorrow in a bullseye kind of way tomorrow “what I could’ve had”

paulosoxo
    Free Member

2unfit2ride – Member
    Do you live near postierich & did it have a price tag on the envelope?

POSTED 25 MINUTES AGO #

Wow, that’s a blast from the past!

NZCol

^ ha ha yeah jesus that was a long time ago !

wrightyson
    Free Member

So it was an sd card for my new go pro! Had the value printed on the envelope. Envelope definitely torn open. ****!

edsbike
    Free Member

I had around 10 birthday cards go missing, came from all over the country, so presumably they were pilfered once all together at the sorting office. I went in to enquire and they weren’t interested at all, not without proof of postage.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

From The Corkman (Irish newspaper):

molgrips
    Free Member

Your mail is being opened. I think you’re a suspected terrorist or something.

pebblebeach
    Free Member

I had 3 items of mail go missing within a week – reported it to customer services and they put a monitor on my mail which ensures that everything going into the sorting office goes out the sorting office. Which doesn’t make sense to me as it may well be going out the office but its not going through my door.

GrahamS

My dad did some seasonal work at a sorting office one year (they take on temporary folk for a few weeks to deal with the Christmas rush).

He reckons he regularly saw cards and letters being slipped into pockets and all kinds of other horrors: “fragile” parcels dumped at the bottom of piles, mail sacks abandoned, he even got told off for working too quickly!

brokensoul
    Free Member

Happy birthday, OP, many happy returns.
    😀

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Postie being naughty? (Doubt it, but now got missing goods)’ is closed to new replies.