Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Post your rain stopped plans here…. Mine not in the way you'd expect !
  • excitable1
    Free Member

The weather has never stopped me from riding before now. I’ll do gails, snow, ice floods and heat waves. But today this ferkin rain has managed to keep me in……

Ride all planned for today but I went to see Elbow last night at Jodrell Bank. The rain was torrential and as a result the farm field car park was a chaotic mud bath. It took 2hrs to get out the car park because cars were getting stuck in the mud and had to be pulled out by tractors !

Didn’t get in till 2 bloody 30, now Mrs Excitable too tired to get up so I’m left looking after the smallest excitable1. When she wakes up she’ll no doubt have a bloody job list for me too !

Anyone else had their plans scuppered ?

Bored….

Drac

I couldn’t cut the grass.

faz083
    Free Member

^likewise. As much as I loathe the task, it’s much better to do it when it’s ‘long’ rather than ‘australian outback long’, which it will be next week.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Was in Lakes Thursday – Saturday. River in garden rose about 8 feet in 30 hours. Waterfalls were spectacular but no riding. Saw my first Tallboy LTC up close in Biketreks though – very nice looking bike!

trail_rat
    Free Member

Was stripping , filling and staining the front windows yesterday when the rain started , covered it all up and moved onto stripping the stairs which is going well – 30 grit on a belt sander 🙂

Woke up , still raining , breakfast coffee and ill be going for a run before my parents arrive , half finished jobs aplenty 🙂

House warming party in a couple of weeks could turn into a help me finish bits and pieces 😉 as im off on tour on the bike the 2 weeks prior round shetland and orkney

excitable1
    Free Member

Yep she’s up and I’ve already had ‘ooh if your at home then you can put up that blind and maybe paint that wall and….’

I think a sneaky day off work during the week maybe in order to get a make up ride in 😀

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Negotiated time for a ride yesterday before heading off to a wedding reception and it hoofed it down when I was at the bottom of cut gate heading home so was wet, muddy and cold – all of which evaporated when I passed two bikes and a trailer – felt sorry for the couple with two kids, one sounding very unhappy, just after Slippery Stones – they had obviously had a nice family ride planned!

_tom_
    Free Member

No rain here, it seemed to all happen last night. Really windy though. Off out on the road bike when I can be arsed. Woburn tomorrow afternoon after work, conditions should be just right on the dh bits after this rain!

chunkypaul
    Free Member

It’s all my fault!

I stopped the mud tyres off my bike two weeks ago, and since then the rain has hardly stopped! 😮

Now thinking about refitting the mud x’s cause the xdx’s can’t cope with these conditions! And It’s only the middle of summer!!!!

lipseal
    Free Member

Was going to go swimming today, but it’s too wet.

DrP

I had to lay a concrete plinth for my water butt on Thursday (was sinking/toppling on the loose paving slab).
    This involved (obviously) emptying the butt prior to work.
    Thankfully, now, the butt is full again.

Ergo, rain is useful in filling water butts…..

DrP

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Lipseal – the Great North Swim in W’mere was cancelled/postponed!!

trail_rat
    Free Member

Run complete …..

Showered fed and back to the windows get the sill filled , sanded and painted before the weeks work and rain to protect.

Parents coming to help me fit the mantel above the stove ( i cannot lift it alone …..it used to be a roof beam…..)

ndg
    Free Member

I was there too, got home at 4am, grrr.

Apparently there was also a bunch of buses waiting for pickups blocking the lane.

Cancelled the Paul Weller gig today….

_tom_
    Free Member

Road ride today was awesome despite the headwind on the way out, which helped me achieve 30mph on a flat road on the way back home 😀

mtbfix

Utterly fed up of the slop in the woods so took our daughter to the golden arches for breakfast and then went home and introduced her to Scalextric. As expected a two year old girl best likes sending the car spinning off the end of every straight.

excitable1
    Free Member

I was there too, got home at 4am, grrr.

😯 4am, Christ on a bike I thought I’d been hard done to !

So far I have cleared out the veg patch, turned the soil, sown some more seeds, cut the front grass, clipped the bushes, hung the ferkin blind, and now marked up the wall ready for painting up the Death Star !

….and the weather, perfect for ferkin biking. I will not be worth living with by the end of today. Should have earned my sneaky day of though 😆

PS don’t have me down as some green fingered nut, I was pulling out some veg’ we planted last year 🙄

shortcut

Well it didnt stop Mayhem!!

‘ard as nails!!

AlasdairMc

The rain on Friday flooded the sports centre that was due to host our work sports day today. So I went out on my bike. Hooray!

Gorehound
    Free Member

CBA to go out on the bike for some reason. 🙁

coopersport1
    Free Member

Went out after the rain and got slowed down a bit! Every road out of the village was like this!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Post your rain stopped plans here…. Mine not in the way you'd expect !’ is closed to new replies.