• This topic has 28 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by jedi.
Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Post Jedi riding (fail content)
  • popstar
    Free Member

Right, here I ride with a mate who’s been christened by Jedi. We head to our woods to ride some sick stuff. Started well this and that, cheering each other n talking all techy tweaks of our riding. 

We do ride really well, then we find some DH trails. I won’t use stug45 lines how we bombed all drops, jumps etc … but, my mate  being French as he is riding stuff carefully. First rolling all things then on second repeat applying more speed etc, I call him a whimp and give myself a full whack. Approach what looks to be a jump, push it up flying into air. Realised too late it was a gap jump and not carrying enough of speed to clear it. Land on front wheel into ditch endoending all the way to a full stop while taking a full whack of flat pedal into my shin. 

Now he is laughing at me for my circus performance , I feel guilt and a lot of pain in my shin. Squeeze my teeth and carry on riding with pain …

Next day, I can’t walk as my lower leg is swollen. To all Jedi or etc converts, those wings you get after skills course please be carefull with them, or at least inspect trails you plan to bomb proper. 

First time in my life had a lunch in a bath, couldn’t get out. Lucky with understanding wife.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

I stopped reading here..

We head to our woods to ride some sick stuff.

crotchrocket
    Free Member

To paraphrase someone famous “Even [insert famous racer] walks the trail before rinsing it”

toys19
    Free Member

Now wait a minute this is a logical fail, your mate has been on a Jedi course and didn’t crash, you haven’t been on a Jedi course and did crash?

So why the warning or even reference to Jedi and your crash, there is no correlation between you and Jedi is there? Surely it should be a warning to all that if you wanna jump and ride well do a Jedi course?

grum
    Free Member

I’d sue Jedi personally. 🙂

5AM
    Free Member

Jedi must have skipped the bit with me where he teaches you to ride like an idiot!!
    (Probably a skill I already have naturally 🙁 )

I fail to see how Jedi even gets his name mentioned here, this is certainly not his fault. 🙄

soobalias
    Free Member

is it half term or something

popstar
    Free Member

Jedi warned me to respect and hone things first. Which I did, but not on that day.

DezB
    Free Member

Jedi’s a vicar?

winterfold
    Free Member

Sounds like jedi needs you back – the reprogramming is first and foremost about not killing yourself and having the mental courage to tell MTFUers to FO.

So your mate done good. You failed. Hope you get better soon.

shermer75
    Free Member

You gave in to anger, and anger leads to the darkside. Too young to be a Jedi you are

winterfold
    Free Member

sketchy double fail you must

popstar
    Free Member

Surely I’m not the first nor the last one who overcooks it. The good thing was, those crashes I had (many of them) were controlled ones. I know it sounds funny, but I’m still learning more things with every ride.

Sad thing is inability to ride and explore more limits.

Are there any riders to share experiences like those?

pastcaring
    Free Member

popster

there’s an old saying, look before you leap! next time you see a drop just check it’s not a 100 m first…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I almost did this last night, rode over what looked like a root, only to find the rail pixies ahd been busy the far side and had created what can only be described as a 2ft drop with the landing maybe a bike length away, with aother 2ft of hole waiting to catch your front wheel if you didn’t lift enough!

Thankfully some last minute SPD yanking kept the rear wheel out of the hole.

popstar
    Free Member

Once I am fit, I will return to that gap jump and pay it justice! But deffinately will inspect new trails this time to check lines and all surprises those may come with.

xiphon
    Free Member

So you’re blaming Jedi for boosting your confidence too much?

ha ha!

wwaswas

I hate that thisisnotaspoon – just dig a lump out of the path to create a kicker and leave a bloody great hole for you to drop your wheel in if you try and roll it.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Look before you huck. 😆

winterfold
    Free Member

“if you didn’t lift enough!”

Lift?! Lifting leads to the dark side. That is why you fail. Push or push not.

loddrik
    Free Member

+1 kingtut

xiphon
    Free Member

Lifting works fine…. or do I need to go on a Jedi course to learn how to ride my bicycle 😉

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Ok, not lift, I was refering to the effect of the front wheel magicaly sailing away from terra firma rather than following it down into the pit.

As I said, I didn’t have time to set up for it properly anyway, I’d just started manualing down (so yes, kick with legs not pulling with arms) what I thought was a rooty slope when i reaised I needed about another foot of height to clear it, hence the last minute yank on pedals/bars to get over the last ft.

yunki
    Free Member

the OPs post is like some post millenium beat poetry revival… and as such is awarded a thumbs up from me..

my advice on the content.. ride slowly and carefully and keep all wheels on terra firma at all costs..

works for me..

pastcaring
    Free Member

jedi rides flats.

jedi

pmsl @ popstar (ruslan) who was you riding with?
    i crashed 2 weeks ago hard!
    been coaching then digging then tested new jump with ahead full of coaching and people milling about teh area.
    i knew i was going to crash as i rolled in 🙂

we are not machines!

winterfold
    Free Member

SPDs have as much place on an MTB as flats do on a Pinarello Dogma. Fact.

popstar
    Free Member

I hate that thisisnotaspoon – just dig a lump out of the path to create a kicker and leave a bloody great hole for you to drop your wheel in if you try and roll it.

that was exactly that. After crash, inspected that suspect scene only to find I cleared the whole gap but landing wasn’t smooth, it had a kicker to it. That bastid upset my whole jerky balance landing on front wheel. Don’t want to ignite some furious flames … but me thinks that kicker lip on landing will get some grooming.

I was chuffed to see a by product of Jedi religion in my mate so he was warmly invited into Ministry of Raddness.
    Jedi high five! 😆

jedi

high5.
    i didnt teach you to jump popstar! you never wanted me too 🙂
    we did single push drops 🙂

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Post Jedi riding (fail content)’ is closed to new replies.