Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 81 total)
  • Positive Thread
  • sparkyrhino

Just heard Woodpeckers in the woods I’m working in😁

Drac

The sun ☀️ is out I’m waking my dog.

duncancallum

Or was it a daily mail reader building a bunker to fill full of beans and bog roll to sit this out in?

binners

Sun’s out!☀️

Guns out/buns out*

*delete as applicable

stevied
    Free Member

Clocks change soon 🙂

pennine
    Free Member

My local trails are drying out at last 🙂

tomhoward

*delete as applicable

I ain’t deleting’ nuffin’

sparkyrhino

Yup guns out,working in a T shirt, forgot to mention,It is a sewage treatment works, a tad ripe, and plenty of poo flies😁

mrwhyte
    Free Member

I went for a run this morning and saw a sparrowhawk hunting along the hedge line.
    All my daffs and camellia are in full bloom in the garden so it is looking very colourful.

anono

I was speaking to botanist recently about the role that plants have on drying up the trails.

Apparently the flora sucks water up from the soil, which travels through the roots, into the main body of the plant, and then evaporates out of the leaves…..

or so it transpires.

dirkpitt74

sparkyrhino

Yup guns out,working in a T shirt, forgot to mention,It is a sewage treatment works, a tad ripe, and plenty of poo flies😁

Have you noticed an increase in bog roll usage?

thegeneralist
    Free Member

For the first time in 25 years, I have no flights , ferries or tunnels booked.

Kinda good timing

Harry_the_Spider

Coffee is better at home than in the office.

scruff9252

Have you noticed an increase in bog roll usage?

Thee will likely be an increase in sewer blockages and subsequent flooding due to more wet wipes being flushed down the loo.

kelvin

I’m waking my dog

Let sleeping dogs lie.

pitduck
    Free Member

[Anono.or so it transpires]this made me laugh out loud…

Drac

Let sleeping dogs lie.

😀

He’s asleep again now pretty much all he does as he’s 12 on Friday.

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

Hopefully out on the motorbike this afternoon, stopping off in Skipton for a coffee and a cake of some description from the Craven Bakery.

matt_outandabout

The blue tits have moved back into our nest box.

fatmountain
    Free Member

Cycled down the wrong way of a dual carriageway today on my commute – Less than 1/3rd of the cars on the road. Can hear birds singing again.

martinhutch

Hopefully out on the motorbike this afternoon, stopping off in Skipton for a coffee and a cake of some description from the Craven Bakery.

<Waves from behind barricade>

Actually, might head out for a spin in a minute, sun is oot!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Lasagne for lunch.

dove1

The rain stopped for half an hour and the blackbirds started singing.

kelvin

Sun, sun, sun.

neilnevill
    Free Member

The cherry trees lining the street are in blossom, and WFH means I can take my two little girls for a play on their bikes. The eldest, 4 and a half, is doing really well now on her pedal bike and her face is one big grin. Awesome.

bails

I follow this account on Twitter: https://twitter.com/WSheepdog
    “I am Inca The Worlds Smallest Sheepdog I works for @Zwartblesie
    I hold a shared apprenticeship with Ovenmitt under @1CatShepherd on Black Sheep Farm in Ireland.”

It’s a tiny dog that works as a sheepdog, lives with various other dogs, cats, goats and obviously sheep.

She’s recently had puppies and they’re just starting to get out and explore the world, a whole thread of them here: https://twitter.com/WSheepdog/status/1239256272416976905

stcolin
    Free Member

Just been for a walk in the sun. Really nice to be outside, spring is in the air. Few people about, anyone we encountered we gave some space. It’s definitely a bit quieter around here, edge of south Manchester.

mrb123
    Free Member

So this isn’t a thread for people who have tested positive then?

tomd
    Free Member

W@h, getting to see kids a load more and been working away lately.
    Went for a run at lunchtime, first time it’s felt like spring and I wish I’d worn shorts. Also heard a woodpecker in the forest.

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

Walked to the park with the kids, who swung on a swing, caught a couple of pokemon and ran through a muddy puddle. Great fun.

Superficial
    Free Member

We have a week of leave next week. Aside from the fact that my holiday was cancelled (I’m over that now), I now have a week off where I’m not really allowed out into the world. This is fantastic because instead of doing sociable things I have carte blanche to spend much of the time riding my bike.

bikebouy
    Free Member

There is warmth in that yellow blob in the sky, and it isn’t blowing it’s tits off and it hasn’t rained for two days.

WFH has always been brilliant, I’m glad others are seeing positive mental health and vitality benefits from it.

🥰

scc999

It’s been dry here for over 36 hours! I dont think I can recall that happening in weeks. The perm-a-puddle on our access road is already reducing in size.
    There has been sunshine and a lot of birds in the garden.
    Hopefully a ride later after work.

sparkyrhino

There shouldnt, be an increase in loo roll usage,I have implemented a three sheet limit(your going to wash your hands anyway)

Houns

Bluebells will be out soon, and have you seen the pictures from Venice? The water in the canals is clear!

Northwind

I actually tidied up my tools.

easily
    Free Member

My boss is going to be working from home as much as possible. As he never does anything useful this will make no difference to my workload, and I won’t have to listen to him.

MoreCashThanDash

Saw swans nesting at the marina near the office on my ride home

tomd
    Free Member

It’s forcing me to branch out from my usual repertoire of evening meals. Like “Oh there’s no pasta, I’ll see what I can make with chestnuts and jarred whelks”. Tonight’s fajitas will be fillet steak.

The shops still have a mega selection of stuff. If you focus on what’s there rather than what’s not there are endless possibilities.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 81 total)

The topic ‘Positive Thread’ is closed to new replies.