• This topic has 115 replies, 49 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by hora.
Viewing 36 posts - 81 through 116 (of 116 total)
  • Positive test post-snip
  • mrsfry
    Free Member

Because testosterone is produced in them, mrsfry. It’s need for good long term health as well as more obvious reasons.

Chaps who have the testicles removed still manage. Just makes sense and more praticle to get the whole lot chopped off. Get false ones or attachments you can put in a pocket of your under pants if chaps want to make themselves feel like they still have them.

Just a whole lot of fuss over nothing

theotherjonv

How long? Depends on your local NHS trust but in my case, about 3 months. And it was outsourced so my NHS trust don’t do it, they send you to a 3rd party provider (Marie Stopes) and leave the minor surgery unit to do stuff that they really need to do.

If I’d gone direct to MS, it would have been as simple as booking an appt with a private physio, dentist, etc., so a few days potentially. In my case the three month wait was to get to the top of the waiting list; MS contact you once you’re at the top and then fit you in around the spare slots in their private timetable, so once at the top of the list I could have had it done almost the same week as they contacted me (but opted not to due to travel with work, etc.)

hammyuk
    Free Member

Had mine done in 2004 very quickly.
    Did have minor scar tissue on one tube that needed an op in 2013 to remove it.
    Sometimes I heal weird – either absolutely zero scar or a bloody nasty keloid.
    This decided it was going to start growing 7yrs later attaching itself to nerves.
    No different to the original op. GA, check of other stuff at the same time (as they did before) and home later.
    2 wks and back to normal.

allthegear
    Free Member

mrsfry – Removal of one testicle for something like tresticle cancer is fine – the other one will happily just produce more testosterone (the output is controlled by a gland in the brain). Losing two, however, means needing testosterone artificially via weekly depo injections. Not pleasant.

Rachel

yetidave
    Free Member

had it done in Nov. there must have been about 6 people in the room some just watching others trying to keep me distracted with inane chat (bit like STW really!). Back on the bike 3 weeks later. Found that when just hovering over the saddle the bike hits you a lot which you don’t really notice normally! Changed saddle height after that.

One sample before Christmas and they’ve just asked for another, no letter to say why, and know-one at the desk in the Hospital could tell me either. Found it quite amusing to let my boss know why I was going to be late in that day.. 😀

MoreCashThanDash

And once again, Rachel has me feeling rather faint and giddy….. 😐

allthegear
    Free Member

strangely, that’s one of the things you might feel, MoreCashThanDash!

Better check they’re still there 😉

hammyuk
    Free Member

Weekly? If only it was that few 😯

miketually
    Free Member

Far too much willy waving going on in this thread.

And yet the person winning…

P-Jay
    Free Member

Farrk. Why do I read these threads.
    How long from seeing GP (I assume your first point of enquiry is with GP?) to surgery?
    Also people that had it done a while ago – any long term complications like reduced libido or more prone to infections / discomfort?

About 6 weeks I guess, BUT my GP surgery doesn’t do it, the longest wait was the referral from mine to the one down the road.

One thing I found a bit jarring – first appointment I brought my Wife along because they wanted to speak to both of us – which I agreed to, that got me a referral to the other doc, he wanted to speak to me again fair enough, and asked if my Wife was coming, I said no, we’ve got 2 kids and it’s a fair old faf to both be off in the middle of the day and without the kids, plus firstly she’s been had the run down already, secondly she’s a Nurse and doesn’t need it explained, again, in baby talk – he firstly refused, but finally agreed I could come on my own if my Wife signed the forms confirming she was okay with it- WTF! It’s my body, and imagine the placards if you had to have your husbands written permission to go on the pill or have an abortion etc.

Anyway, rant over after the consultation with the GP who was actually doing it, it was a case of picking a date in the diary – I could have done it 2 days later but that wasn’t long enough for me to get used to the idea so I picked a day about 10 days later.

No long term complications for me so far, (8 weeks post-op) occasionally is aches a bit, and I’m convinced I can feel the knot in my sack ha ha. The wound is tiny, I’ve got a pic somewhere, doesn’t need stiches with the method I had, nor a laser.

One of my mates had it done about 4 years ago, using an older method – they stitched his vas to his sack and he suffered bruising and pain for months before he went back to ask if his purple/black beach ball in his pants was “normal”, but they don’t use that method so much now.

allthegear
    Free Member

Medic asking your wife for her permission is outrageous – definitely make a complaint about that.

Rachel

P-Jay
    Free Member

mrsfry – Member

Because testosterone is produced in them, mrsfry. It’s need for good long term health as well as more obvious reasons.

Chaps who have the testicles removed still manage. Just makes sense and more praticle to get the whole lot chopped off. Get false ones or attachments you can put in a pocket of your under pants if chaps want to make themselves feel like they still have them.

Just a whole lot of fuss over nothing

Assume you’re trolling, but I’ll bite – thousands of Women live normal lives after an hysterectomy or having their ovaries removed, but it would be barbaric to do that just for contraception – but your point is moot because even if someone decided to have “the lot chopped off” because “it made sense and it’s practical” no medic is going to remove healthy testicles because in actual fact it makes no sense and isn’t practical. Perhaps you just like the idea of de emasculating Men?

MoreCashThanDash

Certainly never heard of a wife having to give permission – I was asked several times over at each stage that we had both agreed we didn’t want any more kids ever, even if we lost the ones we had.

Funnily enough, when I was first due to be done we were having a few relationship issues (bike related, iirc!) and she didn’t want me to get it done in case I wanted to have kids with someone else in the future, so I delayed it.

hammyuk
    Free Member

HAd mine done to relieve the Ex’s medical problems.
    Made sense.
    GP was the younger brother of a guy I went to school with!
    Says “you sure?”
    “Yep”
    “that’s good enough”
    2 weeks later – in and sorted.
    Irony is that the following year she had to have a full hysterectomy because the polycystic ovary syndrome accelerated and got really nasty so she was off the contraception that caused all the problems then anyway!

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Also people that had it done a while ago – any long term complications like reduced libido or more prone to infections / discomfort?

No libido issues (tries hard to keep it mature…) {fails}
    No infections as such but the stitches on one side were not as neat as the other so a wee bitty itchy but it went away. Did have some noticeable discomfort from time to time for up to 3 months afterward on one side but it has all settled down now and I don’t even think about it anymore.

mintimperial

Nah, all fine. Whipped the stitches out after a week or so cos they weren’t dissolving and were a bit itchy. Back on the bike in a fortnight or so. It’s a very routine, simple operation, complications are rare.

Worst thing is listening to women’s opinions of how pathetic all men are/how we should all just be castrated once you dare to raise the subject… 😉

skybluestu
    Free Member

Booked in for Saturday morning.
    They sold this as a positive so I didn’t have to miss any work! Gutted.

mrsfry
    Free Member

Assume you’re trolling, but I’ll bite – thousands of Women live normal lives after an hysterectomy or having their ovaries removed, but it would be barbaric to do that just for contraception – but your point is moot because even if someone decided to have “the lot chopped off” because “it made sense and it’s practical” no medic is going to remove healthy testicles because in actual fact it makes no sense and isn’t practical. Perhaps you just like the idea of de emasculating Men?

Nothing to do with ’emasculating Men’. Chaps put too much of a deal their genitalia IMHO. Testicles do get removed for prevenative reasons and many other reasons, and chaps still live a full life. Women also have full/partial hysterectomy or have their ovaries removed/tied and they still carry on.

Or do you think that having testicles removed means you will no longer be a chap 🙄

M6TTF
    Free Member

testicles do get removed – but not for contraception. because its not necessary. Your point is invalid

mintimperial

Nothing to do with ’emasculating Men’.

Bollocks.

yetidave
    Free Member

strangely, my doctor initially suggested that my wife should be done, as the doc gets lots of female divorcees asking for the morning after pill after a separation from partner, which I found quite an odd thing to say to me. I use a different doctor now.

allthegear
    Free Member

Or do you think that having testicles removed means you will no longer be a chap

It will almost certainly lead to no more erections. Most chaps tend to quite like erections.

It will likely lead to gynecomastia (breast growth). The small amount of oestrogen all men produce (yes, really) will see to that.

It will lead to significant muscle loss.

It will likely lead to osteoporosis.

Yeah – they’ll still be chaps, just not very happy ones.

Rachel

perchypanther
    Free Member

It will almost certainly lead to no more erections

or, as I like to call it, North Korea syndrome.

allthegear
    Free Member

/me spits tea all over laptop…

plumslikerocks
    Free Member

I think MrsFry needs to examine her own issues with men and their bits…

Sandwich

I had the doc finishing off the first tube, and chatting away. There was a bit of pain as he found the second tube and then he says, “You’re certain about this?”
    I had to give the ok for the second chop before he would proceed. Mrs S was asked if she wanted to watch. She went pale, very, very pale and declined.

miketually
    Free Member

Results of the second test arrived yesterday: I’m now officially firing blanks.

Stoner
    Free Member

*FIRE IN THE HOLE*

No. Wait, that’s urinary infection.
    As you were.

chewkw
    Free Member

miketually – Member
    Results of the second test arrived yesterday: I’m now officially firing blanks.

Crikey … 😯

You are officially a eunuch now ? Ya? 😮

Watch out your voice might change to higher tone.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Much pain after the op?

Houns

I wanted to ride my bike straight after mine

NZCol

I was properly sore for a week almost to the day then absolutely fine after that. Uncomfortable more than sore actually esp day 4 and 5. No infection, just someone been digging around my scrotum with a pair of scissors….

chewkw
    Free Member

You sure your voice hasn’t changed? 😮

allthegear
    Free Member

You lot do have a worryingly lacking level of knowledge of your own bodies…

Rachel

chewkw
    Free Member

allthegear – Member
    You lot do have a worryingly lacking level of knowledge of your own bodies…

Rachel

I think there should be more observations coz I am not so sure nothing changed. These lot can become rather funny after post-snip you know like “things” starting to shrink and speaking in funny voice or tone with funny gesturing. 😯

hora
    Free Member

Tastes slightly different as a result.
    (don’t try and tell me you’ve never tasted it just to see if your other half’s complaints are justified)

Viewing 36 posts - 81 through 116 (of 116 total)

The topic ‘Positive test post-snip’ is closed to new replies.