Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Positive buyer story from STW
  • p8ddy
    Free Member

In all the time I’ve been on STW, (which is a while) I’ve usually only read about buying from here when it goes wrong. So just wanted to stick a quick post up giving credit to Wwaswas for being a ace seller.

Bought a set of mt55 29er wheels from him – Description was perfect (outlining good and bad), packaging was awesome and he got them to me much faster than I was expecting.

So – Cheers Luke (Wwaswas)! Very happy buyer. And cheers STW for hosting a sales bit. When it goes right it’s fab.

And before you all ask – yes, the 29ers really bring the roads alive. 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Well I suppose he has to be good for something. 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

This is why a feedback section* would be handy on the classifieds to help people avoid shonky sellers.

Well I suppose he has to be good for something.

+1 8)

*I have no idea how it would be implemented.

p8ddy
    Free Member

Jamie – Yeah, would be useful. Although the STW league of justice chasing down the bad guys might be diminished then…. 😀

Jamie
    Free Member

Hmm. I never thought of that. It really is a double edge sword 🙁

bigyinn
    Free Member

Why not put some feedback on the advert good or bad? If everyone bothered to do this it would make it a lot easier for future buyers to sus out sellers from previous adverts.
    Obviously if the seller has no history or negative comments against them then people won’t be keen to deal with them.

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

I’ve bought loads of here and don’t remember any problems.
    Hugh_b sold me some burgtec bars in perfect condition and perfectly packaged.and a renthal stem months before. I can recommend him for future purchases.

p8ddy
    Free Member

bigyinn – I’ve seen it done… My buying wasn’t from an ad as such though. More a thread discussing wheels. Hence why I posted this way.

On reflection – Posting on an ad then might make the classifieds impossible to read. Commenting after the deal is done sticks it back at the top of the classifieds, no?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

FWIW, I’ve bought and sold maybe a half dozen things here over the years. Everything had gone perfectly smoothly.

Jamie
    Free Member

On a classified bent, as it were, it alway surprises me how quick people are to kick off, yet never let you know they got the goods ok.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I would let you know. 😮

amplebrew

I’ve not bought anything on the forum, but I’ve sold a few items and have never had any problems.

Good communication is essential for a smooth sale. There is no excuse for not keeping people updated either via here, e-mail or phone.

Once I’ve had a confirmed sale with someone, I always give them my full name, address, mobile number and landline. I think it’s important to have a point of contact apart from STW.

I also tell folks when the item will be sent out and then e-mail a photograph of the proof of postage once its gone.

I also only ever send out using recorded or special depending on the value.

wwaswas

*blushes*

Thank you – you were a very good buyer too 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

Jamie – Member

On a classified bent, as it were, it alway surprises me how quick people are to kick off, yet never let you know they got the goods ok.

this

takisawa2

I try & pop some feedback on, buy it can be a few weeks when I get a chance.
    I’ve only been fleeced once, & it was only £5.
    Pay it forward & all that.

Jamie
    Free Member

Thank you – you were a very good buyer too

Careful…

somafunk

I tend to leave feedback on the original “for sale” thread if i’ve bought stuff, for me it’s a matter of common courtesy to +1 the seller if i consider it a decent purchase.

bearnecessities

I’ll just biding my time here to pull off a massive scam, the likes which the internet has never seen.

Squidlord
    Free Member

bearnecessities – Member
    I’ll just biding my time here to pull off a massive
    scam, the likes which the internet has never seen.

Does it involve key-rings?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Positive buyer story from STW’ is closed to new replies.