Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Portable DVD player for youth- recommend
  • hora
    Free Member

To plug into a rear lighter/12v outlet that can sit on fold-down tray (so doesn’t need to be on the head rest).

Ideas/recommendations? Clear picture and sound but no need for tech-heavy or £££

Cougar

Rip them to his / her iPad?

molgrips
    Free Member

Isn’t your kid like three?

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Isn’t your kid like three?

Quite. Hora, did you not know 3 year olds aren’t allowed to watch DVDs? 🙄

hora
    Free Member

Yes, that he be.

He loves Pepper Pig- is this R-rated.

Piggies in the ho house? 😆

molgrips
    Free Member

Every kid in the country has to have an iPad and iPhone by the age of two! You’re in serious breach.

hora
    Free Member

Problem with an Ipad- would need strapping down with the way I take corners 😯

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

bought one from Asda for £45 has a built in battery which is handy for when the ignition gets turned off petrol fills/service station/etc

get one with a battery !

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

I recommend the Goodmans PDV310, for no other reason than I currently have one for sale, brand new in the sealed box 😉

Cougar

Problem with an Ipad- would need strapping down with the way I take corners

What you really need there then is an optical disc spinning at a thousand RPM. That’ll work far better.

Sandwich

Flame away if you wish, but what’s wrong with teaching him that sometimes you have to sit and wait for things to happen? Sometimes you might have to wait for a few hours and as someone more clever than I put it “All men’s miseries derive from not being able to sit in a quiet room alone.” This is a great life skill.
    Fireproof suit is on.

iolo
    Free Member

Games like spot the yellow car car always fun. 10 points each. If you see a pink car 50 points. The journey goes great as there’s a bit of interaction where he talks to you instead of staring as a screen for however long, silent in his own little trance state.

Cougar

Thank you, Arthur.

hora
    Free Member

Sandwich. What do you do on a plane?

Cougar

Fly somewhere?

Spud

What the flip is wrong with interacting with them on a journey? Read, point out things out of the windows, talk to them.

hora
    Free Member

When you travel you interact, daydream, read or view media (tv/film etc). You’d get bored if on a 4hr journey you only did one of these. Therefore the presence of a media player offers part of the variety of choice

brakes
    Free Member

I would recommend two things:
    – the Philips PD9030

– and Here Comes a Digger

What the flip is wrong with interacting with them on a journey? Read, point out things out of the windows, talk to them.

you can do all those things AND you can put a DVD on.

molgrips
    Free Member

We only ever used a DVD on a 12 hour trip with ours. And it was on the speakers not headphones, so we were all essentially joining in ‘watching’ it rather than having her isolated with headphones.

I’m all for learning to amuse yourself on journeys, but when you’re two and your family needs to drive a really really long way in not much time, exceptions can be made 🙂

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Sandwich – Member

“All men’s miseries derive from not being able to sit in a quiet room alone.” This is a great life skill.

He’s a bit young for masturbation?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Portable DVD player for youth- recommend’ is closed to new replies.