Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 152 total)
  • Pop-up & redirects are back
  • scotroutes

They do give a shit grum

But not a big enough shit, obviously.

ransos
    Free Member

Just support the forum by buying a “P” and never get advertised at again.

Untrue, because the site often logs me out, and if I’m just browsing, I generally notice only after I’ve got one of those stupid pop ups.

And even if it were true, are you saying that users of a free forum should expect to have their devices compromised unless they pay up?

bikebouy
    Free Member

I have one more little thing to add.

It’s not the Mods fault, they’re just in the firing line because like most of us they enjoy and contribute to the forum as much as we do.
    So, let’s be constructive, let’s not pick on the Mods because this isn’t their problem. They’ll do thier best to note and help as well all know, but this clearly is a back office issue and they will in time seek out the nasties.

Happy New Ya!

scotroutes

Just a bump as tis has fallen off the front page and in lieu of it being a sticky topic.

Cougar

So, let’s be constructive, let’s not pick on the Mods because this isn’t their problem.

Thank you.

We spoke to Mark earlier. TL;DR, it’s complicated but they’re working on it.

roger_mellie

Just support the forum by buying a “P” and never get advertised at again.

For the record/ in case it helps, I get redirects even when logged in as a lofty P (-;

bigblackshed

Roger Mellie.

I’d suggest that you take a look at your devices or the software you are running.

I’ve never seen an advert whilst logged in. And I’ve wasted too much time on here.

Drac

For the record/ in case it helps, I get redirects even when logged in as a lofty P (-;

Have you enabled the block ads option?

roger_mellie

Have you enabled the block ads option?

Yes.

I’d suggest that you take a look at your devices or the software you are running.
    I’ve never seen an advert whilst logged in.

I’ve not seen an advert whilst signed in either. But I have been redirected to a ‘virus warning’ webpage when logged in and clicked on a forum thread page.
    Android 6.0.1 and Chrome. Is that good/bad/ indifferent? I don’t have any room on the phone to install another browser.
    I’ll try to capture a screenshot next time it happens and send to the tech email address.

onehundredthidiot

Aaaaannnddddd again. Android and chrome. Latest versions of both.

martinhutch

I’ve not seen an advert whilst signed in either. But I have been redirected to a ‘virus warning’ webpage when logged in and clicked on a forum thread page.
    Android 6.0.1 and Chrome. Is that good/bad/ indifferent? I don’t have any room on the phone to install another browser.

Same here. Also Chrome. Don’t use the site on mobile enough to know if this is an everyday occurrence, but I was definitely signed in, and I definitely have ads turned off.

onehundredthidiot

Today’s warning.

bruneep

ransos – Member

I keep getting logged out. Something else that hasn’t been fixed.

And it’s login day again 🙄

RustySpanner

Fine for me now.
    Actually very fast atm.

bikebouy – Member
    I have one more little thing to add.

It’s not the Mods fault, they’re just in the firing line because like most of us they enjoy and contribute to the forum as much as we do.
    So, let’s be constructive, let’s not pick on the Mods because this isn’t their problem. They’ll do thier best to note and help as well all know, but this clearly is a back office issue and they will in time seek out the nasties.

Happy New Ya!

Yup, ta folks.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Dodgy redirects even with a “p”

leffeboy

@thm – have you maybe been logged out? It’s that time again

DavidB
    Free Member

If you want to know why the issue of bad Ad networks is actually dangerous to site users then read this

Cougar

What does that have to do with ad networks?

This is describing building trojan software using NPM modules (NPM is a JavaScript package manager). The vulnerability here isn’t third-party adverts, it’s web developers including infected modules in their website code.

scotroutes

And it’s login day again

Yep, me too. Just on the phone though. PC was fine.

thegreatape
    Free Member

The forum is basically unusable for me now on my phone. If I haven’t got a deadly virus every fifth page that loads I’ve won an imaginary iPad. Even using incognito tabs which is necessary because they can be shut more easily, normal ones require a phone restart to get rid of the.

onehundredthidiot

It is **** ridiculous everyday several times a day. Why? Because I don’t pay. Ironically I was going to pay the ransom but it appears even the mighty **** P doesn’t save us.
    Tell you what I’ll pay for P but does a tech bod want to gamble a free P? I’ll pay it if you’ll return the cost first redirect.

dvatcmark
    Free Member

The site became pretty much unusable for me on Android/chrome . So I’ve had to change to a different browser just for this forum.

onehundredthidiot

Can’t post the last two redirects.

CountZero

It is **** ridiculous everyday several times a day. Why? Because I don’t pay. Ironically I was going to pay the ransom but it appears even the mighty **** P doesn’t save us.
    Tell you what I’ll pay for P but does a tech bod want to gamble a free P? I’ll pay it if you’ll return the cost first redirect.

Just how many times do I have to post up the fact that I don’t have a ‘P’, and haven’t for some years, and that
    I don’t have problems with these sort of ads and redirects.
    If I don’t, and plenty of others don’t, then explain just why we don’t, and you do, and why it’s the site’s fault that you do and I and others don’t.

simondbarnes

Same as CountZero here.

Drac

Ironically I was going to pay the ransom but it appears even the mighty **** P doesn’t save us.

I don’t get any issues with my mighty P.

DavidB
    Free Member

What does that have to do with ad networks?

Read option 2

onehundredthidiot

Seems plenty others do though.

Poopscoop

I’m on Oreo, and use Chrome Beta.

All is good even when I’m not logged in to get the benefit of The P.

Anyone tries using chrome beta to see if it helps?

Del

Got logged out and got the mobile cleaner redirect within a couple of clicks.

thegreatape
    Free Member

How’s it changed then? I’ve had no issues on Android (Chrome) for years, then all of a sudden it goes like this. Same phone and everything.

zokes
    Free Member

I don’t get any redirects because “I’m still not a customer”. Makes you think 😉

Drac

How’s it changed then? I’ve had no issues on Android (Chrome) for years, then all of a sudden it goes like this. Same phone and everything.

Could be a issue with updated version, it does seem to effect Android more. Whatever it is it must be bloody annoying.

Poopscoop

Stupidly guys, try Chrome Beta on android.

Worth a shot if only to report back.

It’ll import everything from chrome too, so will only take a few minutes to try. It doesn’t get rid of normal Chrome, just runs as a separate app. 🙂

Good luck!

tjagain

I get the redirects when on my android phone. I hardly use the phone and have never clicked on any adverts on it.

Richie_B

No screen shot but there is a similar pop up happening on Safari (macOS10.13.2). I’ve also had it on Firefox on a windows X PC. The pop-ups appear specific to the OS being used

K

Virus warning popup here to, on android running chrome.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Just how many times do I have to post up the fact that I don’t have a ‘P’, and haven’t for some years, …… then explain just why we don’t, and you do, and why it’s the site’s fault that you do and I and others don’t.

CountZero you can post it as often as you like. Your irate victim blaming, suggesting that you deserve an explanation and that it is completely reasonable for people to have to install a new browser and search engine just to access this site is completely laughable. Android has ~80% of the new phone market, and STW is alone in all the sites I’ve ever visited in being unusable on my Android device*. Doesn’t sound like brilliant business for STW Towers.

*typing this on a work PC where loads of web content gets blocked and STW just runs slowly.

Poopscoop

Guess no-one tried chrome beta on their android then, to report back? 🙁

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 152 total)

The topic ‘Pop-up & redirects are back’ is closed to new replies.