• This topic has 29 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by hels.
Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Poo-mageddon – Carpet cleaning tips
  • Harry_the_Spider

One of our neighbour’s delightful pets has finally managed to drop a poo in a direct line between our front door and bin, so now we have cat poo all over the carpet. What chemical have you used that will clean up the nasties without damaging the carpet and poisoning our children? We’ve had a go with Detox spray and wiping but there are still stains.

Not happy.

allthepies
    Free Member

Eurgh…

Depends upon the type of carpet, my “new” manmade fibre carpet (polypropylene) can be cleaned with bleach. The same approach would not be advisable on wool 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

Wool. Cream coloured.

yossarian
    Free Member

Not happy.

so you stepped in shite outside, didn’t wipe your feet before coming indoors and didn’t take your shoes off?

Bastards!!!!

Use a steam cleaner, our cheapo one works wonders on carpets and only uses hot water.

maccruiskeen

“I’m Winston Wolf. I Solve Problems.”

Harry_the_Spider

Thanks for your input yossarian.

Do you have any ideas how to clean this shite up without damaging a couple of grands worth of carpet?

yossarian
    Free Member

Use a steam cleaner, our cheapo one works wonders on carpets and only uses hot water.

Harry_the_Spider

quick edit/addition there fella 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

Was the steam cleaner not a sensible suggestion?

clubber
    Free Member

I’ve found that baby wipes clean all manner of things that more harsh cleaners seem to fail on – including cat crap as it goes…

yossarian
    Free Member

😀

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Baby wipes are magic.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Couple of grand’s worth of cream coloured carpet? In the hall?? 😯

What does your son think of it all?

TheFlyingOx

I can’t think of anything worse than heating up cat poo and then having the aromatic particles of said poo hitching a ride into your breathing space via steam. Get a professional in.

khani
    Free Member

You can rent carpet cleaners from most supermarkets now, normally a stand in the lobby with em on
    Morrisons have em I think

Harry_the_Spider

Couple of grand’s worth of cream coloured carpet? In the hall??

Living room.

Hall is non-absorbent slate.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Oh right. But still; cream coloured carpet with young kids? 😕

What were you thinking???

(Not about the children, obviously…)

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

What were you thinking???

Perhaps he wasn’t thinking about having children when he fitted the carpet? I know we weren’t but I have given up on trying to keep it clean now.

miketually
    Free Member

We’ve got cream carpet in the living room, with two kids, two bog dogs and a cack-handed wife.

Harry_the_Spider

Carpet came with the house.

Carpet in hapier times. 😀

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Scalextrics! Yay! 😀

A few trip hazards there though, and that small child looks to be in a potentially dangerous situation….

clubber
    Free Member

It’s Elfinsafety gone mayd!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

It is, it is. It’s no laughing matter either. Got to be taken very seriously. 😐

Harry_the_Spider

Danger is his middle name*.

Harry_the_Spider

*Actually it is James.

z1ppy

“Rug doctor” as per Khani suggestion, available in most large supermarkets. Or buy a Bissell carpet cleaner, as theyre not ‘that’ expensive, having used the parents in-law’s one there really really good.. and looking at your carpet it would be a worthwhile investment 😉

Esme
    Free Member

Sexist language alert ❗

my “new” manmade fibre carpet (polypropylene)

It’s now “artificial fibre” . . . although I’m sure we can accept “person made” 😆

Harry_the_Spider

Indeed.

Perhaps I should PTFU.

uplink
    Free Member

I wouldn’t use steam on a wool carpet unless I was certain – there’s a shrinkage risk

TBH – a bucket of water and disinfectant and a scrubbing brush should sort it

hels
    Free Member

Have you tried motorbike chain and disc cleaner yet ? I am amazed what that stuff can shift, got all wee spots of oil out of my carpet, which I think might be nsaty cheap nylon stuff. Test it on a wee patch first and keep the windows open, of course.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Poo-mageddon – Carpet cleaning tips’ is closed to new replies.