Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • Police handheld speed camera causes crash!
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Dunno if it’s been done in the past, just seen it on faceache and thought there would be some interesting views on who was to blame. Copper was lucky he didn’t get skittled though 😨

cranberry
    Free Member

Bang

to

rights

jam-bo

i’ll bite, its friday afternoon.

1st bike was speeding ticket

2nd, probably speeding plus driving without due care and attention…

sockpuppet

I’m going for:

“Man on motorbike causes crash”

Whether they were above the speed limit or not, he was too fast for the conditions (visibility) and too close behind (or he’d have stopped).

I’d say the copper stepping out like that might not be best practice, but then the lead bike stopped easily.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

or to put it better motorcyclist fails to ride to the conditions while exceeding the speed limit and mate behind also doing the same fails to stop before coming close to injuring police officer.

Ban and crush the bike.

wwaswas

2nd bike had 85mph on it’s speedo.

“Speeding motorbike rider leaving insufficient space to vehicle in front causes crash”

epicsteve
    Free Member

Not necessarily a great idea from plod but the guy on the 2nd bike (which looked like it might be an SV650) had plenty of time to stop if he was paying attention and actually knew how to work his brakes.

For some reasons everyone I know who owned an SV650 had about that same level of bike control – one guy I know wrote off 3 or 4 of them in a few months, all in incidents he caused.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Hadn’t noticed the Speedo. 85 in quite thick fog, excellent work! However is it me or his rate of deceleration absolutely shit? I’d expect a bike to stop far quicker than that?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

2nd bike had 85mph on it’s speedo.

I stopped before the self incriminating part was shown, what a genius

wwaswas

2nd bike only brakes in the last 2 seconds of the video – watch for the dive from the backward facing cam of the lead bike.

DezB
    Free Member

Hang on hang on. Motorcyclists? Speeding? When was this ??

Nah, must be fake. Never heard of such a thing.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Riding too fast and too close for the conditions.

Suck it up daisy chainers.

andybrad

jumped on the back brake.

sobriety
    Free Member

Catching someone speeding and then walking into their path doesn’t seem like a particularly smart move to be honest, but the second bike royally screwed that up.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Catching someone speeding and then walking into their path doesn’t seem like a particularly smart move to be honest,

So you have never been pulled over for speeding? You sure there is anyone to blame apart from the 2 guys on the bikes?

sobriety
    Free Member

Nope.

I work in safety, and if someone is speeding and has failed to notice the speed check, do you think that walking into their path is a wise move?

As far as I was aware most police forces ping you with the radar gun in one location and then have another vehicle a bit further up the road to process those they catch, but then the police force has been cut fairly heavily.

lucky7500

Catching someone speeding and then walking into their path doesn’t seem like a particularly smart move to be honest

+1 The crash was 100% caused by the extremely stupid and reckless policeman stepping out in front of the motorcycles. You can be sure that he wouldn’t have attempted a stunt like that with a 50 ton hgv rather than a motorcycle.

wwaswas

The crash was 100% caused by the extremely stupid and reckless policeman stepping out

Lucky it wasn’t a baby robin really.

orangespyderman

The crash was 100% caused by the extremely stupid and reckless policeman stepping out in front of the motorcycles

If you can’t stop in time to avoid a stopped vehicle in front of you, you are too close, and as the footage shows (speedo reading 85 in fog) motorbike #2 was also travelling far too quickly, especially given the poor visibility.

wrightyson
    Free Member

*gets the biscuits back out *

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Yeah, but if it was a deer or childs face not in high vis?

They all had time to stop if they were riding for the conditions.

DezB
    Free Member

Funny that the video title is

“How to not stop a motorcycle”

Cos he did that just fine 😀

if they were riding for the conditions.

..he wouldn’t have had the need stop em.. chicken n egg innit.

allthegear
    Free Member

All three were in the wrong. The two bikers were riding at inappropriate speeds for the conditions and one of them was way too close to the other. The police officer has a duty of care to all civilians, even when they are doing stupid things. It was obvious that the actions of the Police officer failed to take into account that duty of care.

Lock ‘em all up, together

Rachel

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The crash was 100% caused by the extremely stupid and reckless policeman stepping out

Let me see how that goes if you run in the back of somebody

whitestone
    Free Member

The policeman didn’t step into the path of the bikes, he stepped into the road but if the bike(s) had continued then he would not have been hit. Stop the video at the 19 or 20 second mark which shows the view from the second bike. The policeman isn’t in the path of the bikes.

dissonance

Lock ‘em all up, together

The youtube comments indicate it was staged for a show/public information warning.

If so then the second rider was impressively bad.

sobriety
    Free Member

They all had time to stop if they were riding for the conditions.

I’m not disputing that, in fact I’d say that the second bike had time to stop/avoid to the right of the stopped bike and still just remain in his lane.

But, if I were that police force and my protocol for speeding stops included ‘walking onto the carriageway in front of a speeding vehicle to stop them for processing’ I’d be reviewing it with a view to not placing my officers at needless risk.

Speed/seatbelt/mobile phone check and then processing further up the road is what I’d be recommending (indeed, it’s what my local force does)

DezB
    Free Member

it was staged..

that’s what I said!

lucky7500

Let me see how that goes if you run in the back of somebody

I didn’t say that the second rider wasn’t at fault. I said that the entire incident was caused by the policeman deliberately stepping out in to the road with the intention of causing an accident.

What allthegear said above in fact.

Edit. I see that it was in fact a staged stunt.

numbnut
    Free Member

Do we know they were actually exceeding the speed limit with it being in the IoM?

butcher

+1 The crash was 100% caused by the extremely stupid and reckless policeman stepping out in front of the motorcycles.

You could argue this back and forwards all day long. There wouldn’t be any opportunity for an accident if no one had been riding a motorbike. Of course, just the act of riding it doesn’t put you at fault. But because it’s an inherently dangerous activity, and you’re not only responsible for your own safety but that of others too, there are rules and guidance to adhere to. The ones that come to mind here are, the speed limit, maintaining an appropriate stopping distance from the vehicle in front, and adjusting speed to the conditions of the road.

I’m fairly certain the accident would not have happened if the rider hadn’t neglected all of the above.

Those rules are there because unexpected stuff does happen. And when it does you should be in a position to react to it. That’s your responsibility to ensure you can do that.

johndoh
    Free Member

Hang on hang on. Motorcyclists? Speeding? When was this ??

Nah, must be fake. Never heard of such a thing.

LOLS.

Anyhoos – I saw this video a couple of weeks ago on a ‘crap driving’ Facebook page and a great many people were defending the idiot bikers. Probably the same scrotes that hate all cyclists because we don’t pay road tax.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I said that the entire incident was caused by the policeman deliberately stepping out in to the road with the intention of causing an accident.

Quality, I’d like you on my team if I ever need to go to court on one of these!!

If you were to list the problems…

Speeding

Not paying attention

Not looking

Failing to stop (because of a lack of observation)

Given the policeman was visible, not in the path of the bikes and the first one stopped (which could have happened to anyone on the road) the guy behind is 100% responsible for his actions. If it was staged then it should show that.

scotroutes

it was staged..

That was my thought right away. From the camera work/quality to the dodgy music. And then the view from the following bike plainly shows a video camera on a tripod.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Who was in on the staging if it was staged, the 2nd biker could easily have seriously hurt his leg.

Northwind

Boy on the SV650 (the red one) was both going too fast, and made an absolute arse of his stop/evasion. But I do agree the policeman shouldn’t have stepped in front like that, and that he wouldn’t have done it for a truck or something else that’d squish him dead.

DezB
    Free Member

It wasn’t staged! One twit on youtube makes the comment and it becomes fact 😆 Brilliant.

Clip is 2 years old anyway!

wwaswas

DezB: It wasn’t staged!

it was staged..

DezB: that’s what I said!

Well which is it DezB? eh! eh?

johndoh
    Free Member

he wouldn’t have done it for a truck

But the truck wouldn’t have been travelling at that speed in the first place – and anyway the policeman stepped out knowing the biker could stop easily (he wouldn’t have stepped out on a truck even if it had managed to get to that speed on that road as he’d know it couldn’t stop). Unfortunately (and not to blame the policeman) the biker on the second bike was a tit of the highest order.

matt_outandabout

Is it 1989 again?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Police handheld speed camera causes crash!’ is closed to new replies.