Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • police cancel race.
  • taxi25
    Free Member

http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/web/site/BC/roa/EventReports2009/20090314_BikelineReport_Hub.asp

Anyone know what happend here? What does taking up too much if the road mean.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

The race was open roads, and the riders were allegedly crossing the centre line, endangering other road users.

How a 9stone bloke riding a carbon bike can endanger a car, i will never know

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

I was in the race, Police revoked the permit to race because they deemed it a danger to the public on the highway.

The roads on the route are quite narrow but very flat and suffer from big crosswinds, the riders in the race are forced into echelons which is fine on closed roads but being as these wern’t it meant riders spent much of the time on the wrong side of the road to move up in the bunch etc. It was pretty dangerous but not as bad as I’ve seen it TBH.

jonb
    Free Member

How a 9stone bloke riding a carbon bike can endanger a car, i will never know.

Could quite easily cause an accident, I’ve seen small animals cause accidents when people have tried to avoid them.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

More like 120 blokes riding at over 30mph head on into cars moving at 50mph in the opposite direction. could get messy!

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Pathetic. Anywhere else in Yerp, and the police wooduv closed the roads. Car is King, fo’ sho’.

project
    Free Member

Was the race in north wales.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Indeed it was, Feds all over the place with the ray guns catching speeding (just) criminals, er motorists. but not enough officers available to help Police the race unless they were paid.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘police cancel race.’ is closed to new replies.