Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Points that keep people employable….
  • juiced
    Free Member

Now I am on a little break from work and with some time to reflect I thought I’d go ahead with this post. I gather the majority of STW’ers are a pretty employable bunch. We all like our bikestuff right?(do not mean to offend the current stw jobclubbers). So what do you think (in general not industry specific as such – although in some cases this may be relevant) is important to obtaining, keeping jobs and progressing or indeed transfering – ultimately remaining successful?

Pls do not slate me. Probably more important at this time than ever than the last few years…

juiced
    Free Member

I’ll start – an awareness of risk and cost’s..

midlifecrashes

The CCTV footage from the head office Xmas party

juiced
    Free Member

lol

Flaperon

Paying £200/hr to keep experience levels up. 🙁

juiced
    Free Member

good grief

juiced
    Free Member

i’d started to think skills shortgage’s were a fallacy devised by HE establishment’s, training course provider’s and tabloids.

Stoner
    Free Member

For my rôle it has been nichelisation. There’s really only a few people who do what I do, and so when I went freelance I could get myself into the big players. There’s more people with the skills nowadays, but there’s a lot of projects which in my industry take years (sometimes 10) to complete, and they’re running on my analysis/models so it would be risky to drop me. That’s the “stick” side I suppose.

On the carrot side Its a case of delivering, consistently, everytime, on time, and “with a smile” – be a nice person to work with. And knowing where your client’s (or boss’) needs lie, even if they dont.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

BJs

Stoner
    Free Member

I though work was slow for you at the moment ernie? Don’t tell me you give crap BJs? My esteem for you has fallen 🙁

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Well it impresses my supervisors.

bruneep

Don’t tell me you give crap BJs

Is there such a thing as a crap BJ? 😯

IanMunro
    Free Member

From the giving or recieving point of view?

bruneep

depends on what way you swing?

Stoner
    Free Member

Is there such a thing as a crap BJ

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Points that keep people employable….’ is closed to new replies.