Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Please will you show me your home made frame bags on a full suss bike?
  • damascus
    Free Member

Hi, I’ve just made a frame bag. I had to watch a utube video to learn how to use a sewing machine.

It’s pretty rough but for a first attempt it’s OK. I will use its design to make a better one now.

Do you have any tips or suggestions from when you made yours?

Thanks

spectraken
    Free Member

Sorry no pics yet, but keep on practising. I’ve just learnt too, I’ve made handlebar feed bags, a small top tube back with zip and a 13L seat pack. All three have survived and my stitching is rough but functional.

Keep an eye on your seam allowance. I noticed that when I was sewing curved panels to straight ones, sometimes one of the panels would shift a bit leading to small holes. I always start and finish with some backstitching, don’t have to worry about the threads undoing. Check your thread tensions too, and adjust to suit the fabric you’re using.

Use good thread too, I use Gutermann Tera 40, nice and strong. Fabric wise I use 500D Nylon. Can’t quite justify XPAC VX 21 yet.

paladin

frame bag linky

Saw this on here a while back…

mrvear
    Free Member

bag I made
    Xpac is not cheap but is easy to work with and holds shape well. Second bag I’ve made and yes, the zip is on the wrong side. I know it’s not a full suss, sorry.

sandwicheater

Some handy links here;

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/frame-bag-on-one-scandal

I’ve got the ingredients to make one, just no time of a compatible frame.

damascus
    Free Member

Hi, does anyone have a good link for where I can buy some open cell foam 50mm? As per the other thread? Thanks

Esme
    Free Member

That’s CLOSED cell foam
    (I remember some guy filling his kayak with open cell foam. It sank 😀 )

panzerjager
    Free Member

That style of foam can be found in large sheets or rolls as underlay for laminate flooring.
    I’m an upholsterer & seat trimmer by trade, so if anyone needs any sewing tips etc, feel free to ask!

oldschool

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=161506978664&globalID=EBAY-GB

Try these for foam. If you drop them a message they’ll help you out.
    I do have a connection to them, but they are good. Can sort out any sundries that you may need also

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Please will you show me your home made frame bags on a full suss bike?’ is closed to new replies.