Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Please make it stop raining in wales………….
  • renton
    Free Member

……Because i want to go riding at afan on saturday.

weather forecast isnt looking good though!!

can we all chant to the weather gods to make it stop raining!! :mrgreen:

RealMan
    Free Member

One time I went to afan it was pouring pretty much the whole weekend, still had a blast. Theres no mud, its all drained really well.

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

im off tomorrrow for the whole weekend – looks like i'll be packing extra waterproofs!

FuzzyWuzzy

Afan is fine in the rain, you just need a couple of sets of pads.

binners

Im riding in Wales tomorrow

STOP RAINING YOU UTTER UTTER BASTARD!!!!!

ahwiles
    Free Member

i'm off to doggerlau for 4 days, where magicseaweed tells me the rain will fall constantly.

joy.

LoCo
    Free Member

Pack your thermals too chaps/chapesses it just been sleeting a few miles away from Cwmcarn, and I'm guessing they'll be a light dusting of snow on the top too 😕
    Still at least all the trail centres drain well eh!
    Yeah and I'm riding tomorrow morning too, what tyres? 😯 , sorry only joking 🙂

stumpy01

Trail centres in the wet are generally OK because they drain well & are mainly rock based. It's when you are off the beaten track, knee deep in mud that it gets a bit choresome!!

brakeswithface

It'll have to rain a hell of a lot more than this to make Afan unrideable!

bakey

I was axle deep in snow last night at Llandgegla. I suspect the rain over the next few days will clear it away.

Hope this helps.

Sonor
    Free Member

Erm, it's Wales, a really rainy part of a rainy island as a whole.

greasystain
    Free Member

I'll chant for you if you chant for me in Brechfa next weekend.

ononeorange

Off with the mrs for a long weekend's biking in the Q's. And she's not keen on rain. I had hoped winter would be over by Easter….oh well.

wonnyj
    Free Member

Go kayak!

or surf

timbercombe
    Free Member

Off for some uplift fun at CwmCarn on my new Stiffee build, should be a laugh!

phiiiiil

Since I got back from an overseas work trip two weeks ago I've been rained on every day on the way to or from work… 🙁

Don't worry though, I'm going somewhere else next weekend, so it'll be warm and sunny then!

Bah…

fadda

I did Penhydd today. In the hail…

naokfreek
    Free Member

Got a battering in london today, hav'nt been that cold and wet for some time..extra thunder and lightning too!!

simonralli2
    Free Member

I guess the Tao is your friend if you just do the reverse of this process? maybe?

There was a great drought where Wilhelm lived; for months there had not been a drop of rain and the situation became catastrophic. The Catholics made processions, the Protestants made prayers, and the Chinese burned joss sticks and shot off guns to frighten away the demons of the drought, but with no result. Finally the Chinese said: We will fetch the rain maker. And from another province, a dried up old man appeared. The only thing he asked for was a quiet little house somewhere, and there he locked himself in for three days. On the fourth day clouds gathered and there was a great snowstorm at the time of the year when no snow was expected, an unusual amount, and the town was so full of rumors about the wonderful rain maker that Wilhelm went to ask the man how he did it. In rue European fashion he said: “They call you the rain maker, will you tell me how you made the snow?” And the little Chinaman said: “I did not make the snow, I am not responsible.” “But what have you dont these three days?” Oh, I can explain that. I come from another country where things are in order. Here they are out of order, they are not as they should be by the ordnance of heaven. Therefore, the whole country is not in Tao, and I am also not in the natural order of things because I am in a discorded country. So I had to wait three days until I was back in Tao, and then naturally the rain came.”

walla24
    Free Member

went riding at nant today….in the snow….and hail….and rain….was freaking cold 😀 yep enough now, bit o sun please!

plecostomus
    Free Member

There was gale force winds,hailstone/ sleet showers and a light dusting of snow on the top at cwm carn today truly miserable weather.

epicyclo

It's ok, I've sorted it.

Go ride 🙂

.duncan
    Free Member

aha my friends have gone on gold D of E practice round porthmaddog area, fortunately i did mine this time last year 😉

valleydaddy
    Free Member

off to Nant in the morning then based in dogleg for 4 days so hoping for some breaks in the weather!!

maybe see you up there ahwiles 😉

will be on a Zesty be polite if you see me I'll be at the back blowing out of my arse!!!

KonaTC

Please make it stop raining in Wales………….

then you need a big chainsaw and a tug boat to chainsaw Wales off England and tow it to the Caribbean

or

just remember you are naturally water proof

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Please make it stop raining in wales………….’ is closed to new replies.