Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Planet x,on one praise, plus anyone else you want a good word going out for.
  • Rscott
    Free Member

Planet x/on one sold me my first inbred around 8 years ago, 2 years a go i cracked it knowing they were local seaked advice where to get it repaired, not only did they give me advice, they offered me a crash replacement at a good discounted rate

Try cycles in kirkburton for sorting my wheels for what was spare change when ii was out mid ride

bencooper
    Free Member

My original Mk.1 Tinbred is still going strong, and got a pile of Alfine hubs off PlanetX recently which arrived next day.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

On One, Planet X and Brant have always been good to me.

taxi25
    Free Member

I recently bought some inner tubes of planet x, none of them had a hole in them 😀 . Dropped my forks into Loco tuning lunchtime for a full service. They were ready by tea time 😀 A spoke snapped on the front wheel of my ksyrium slr’s, it went so out of true I thought it was bin fodder 🙁 . Cyclopedia in Cardiff fixed it like new for a ridiculously small amount of money.
    It’s probably true to say for every dissatisfied customer ( with good reason sometimes ) there’s 100 happy ones.

user-removed
    Free Member

You

seaked advice

Shooked head.

taxi25
    Free Member

User-removed.
    This us a positive experience thread. Got anything positive to say ???

scotroutes

Just for balance, like, I’ve had shit customer service from Planet X/On One, including at least three different excuses for my frame being delayed. That was some time ago, though it seems they are currently having a few issues.

I’ve never had any issues with CRC, Merlin or Wiggle. I know what to expect from Halfords, it being very dependent upon the staff in each branch. Most small bike shops I’ve dealt with have gone out of their way to help.

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

No problems with either On One or Superstar in the five years+ I’ve been a regular customer (both can find my email address in my profile to send me some freebies for saying this 🙂

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Apart from snapping a seat post clean in half , ive had great service and good products from on one/planet x ….. a 853 Inbred and 2 scandals in the shed show im happy to support them ….. next road bike will be a planet x as well

passtherizla
    Free Member

Always been good to me. I hated my 456SS but everything else I’ve had off them has been great service good too!

May I also give an honourable mention to Venture cycles Birmingham. Excellent little shop.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Rave coffee.. awesome coffee that wakes me up.

Jamie
    Free Member

This us a positive experience thread. Got anything positive to say ???

Oooooooo! You going to take that shit, user-removed?

*fightfightfight*

Bazz

South Coast suspension, recently sent my forks to Grant (the owner) to replace the spring and investigate why the lock out wasn’t working. Very happy with the work he did, he kept me thouroughly informed of what he was doing and why and the prices were more than competative than all of the big suspension services out there.

He’ll definitely be getting return custom from me.

scotroutes

Grant, grant, grant….

* waits *

bearnecessities

Who?

kayak23

Grant, grant, grant….

* waits *

😀

I have nothing but good things to say about on-one socks.

oldgit
    Free Member

LBS’s

Brilliaaaaant

Jamie
    Free Member

roper
    Free Member

wwwwww why gosh. Thanks chaps. I I I don’t know………gosh!

passtherizla
    Free Member

pedals turned up this morning. ordered late on Thursday. great service from onone.

andymc06
    Free Member

Ordered 2 items from Superstar yesterday afternoon and they arrived today with free haribo. Great service!

thats_not_my_name
    Free Member

Ordered some Squirt from In2dust on Thursday afternoon and it was waiting for me on the doorstep when I arrived home from work later the same day. They also included some bottles of bike cleaner and degreaser for free, as well. Seems they’ve moved in to a unit on the industrial estate over the road and walked over to deliver it! I need never run out of lube again!

slparsons
    Free Member

Great service from Merlin with all of my orders 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

Ordered a kebab from Curryland. Arrived in 20 minutes, and looks very tasty.

johnj2000
    Free Member

Hargroves Cycles in Fareham recently did me a huge favour free of charge, tomorrow if will be buying a reverb from them due to this. Probably could find it cheaper on tinterweb but they will fit it for free which knowing my mechanical prowess is worth a few quid.

colournoise

Curryland kebabs +1

Only ever ordered socks from On-One. No complaints so far…

Conqueror
    Free Member

0 problems with PX/On-One for me

most expensive item so far for me was some wheels, was very happy with them

piemonster

Googles ‘Currylands kebabs’

Scapegoat

Bought a pair of Specsavers rimless varifocals at a whopping £365 last May. Kept taking them back for running repairs as the arms go out of shape, the nosebridge kept coming loose and each time they fixed them on the spot without fuss. However, last time I was in I mentioned I was sick and tired of having to go and have them fixed. The optician checked on their system and said “We’ve fixed them for free so far, but they go out of guarantee at the end of May.” Last week the arm fell off altogether and so I trudged in expecting to have to pay to have them repaired. The lovely optician said ” Let me check on the system, you shouldn’t have to put up with them. ” She checked the system and said “There’s a note on here that if you come back again you’re to have a new pair. I was going to suggest that anyway.” She then helped me choose a titanium frame and told me she’d rush them through, as I shouldn’t have to wait the full two weeks for the lenses to be made. Now, that’s pretty good service I reckon. I found the receipt, and the guarantee ran out a week before the arm fell off, so they could have stood on and charged me full whack. Will I recommend Specsavers? Oh yes.

scotroutes

I wonder if they deliver north of Perth?

Jamie
    Free Member

I wonder if they deliver north of Perth?

Might be a slight surcharge.

….and might be a bit lukewarm.

johnj2000
    Free Member

Sounds good to me scapegoat.

Hargroves Fareham covered themselves in glory again today, took the bike in to be measured up for a reverb and mentioned I was having trouble with setting the new rear mech up. 10 mins later it had a new cable fitted and all working fine.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Planet x,on one praise, plus anyone else you want a good word going out for.’ is closed to new replies.