Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Planet X frames- sizing?
  • Northwind

Right, I could go and ask this in a roadie forum but I’m a bit afraid of that lot, there’s probably some overlap here though?

Basically, I’m considering a Planet X road frame, to build up mostly with kit off my cross bike (since it almost never goes off road, and is I think slightly too small) So, looking at a Team or possibly a Pro Carbon, in medium.

Question I have is, do these toe overlap with typical cranks? And is there enough room for mudguards? I absolutely hate toe overlap, it spazzes me out, i know it’s not a real problem but for whatever reason my brain just can’t handle it at all.

Any moral support much appreciated :mrgreen:

smell_it
    Free Member

I’m 5’10 with a 32 inseam and picked up a large team alu for commuting and winter duties, I run it with a 15mm layback post, 110mm stem and 1 5mm spacer. Given the frames are comapact and I was on the cusp of sizes, I recon a medium with a more standard for me 25mm layback post, 120mm stem and a couple more spacers would have given me the same posistion.

I recently fitted some raceblade longs to it, which piss on the crud clip ons they replaced, and with my size 8’s on a 172.5mm crank in winter overshoes, causes no real toe overlap. You can get them to clip if you really try, but for this to be an issue in normal riding I reckon you would have to be pretty lacking in style and co-ordination. Might be more an issue if I had gone with a medium. But as I got mine second hand, and needed it quick my choice was large or large!

For the money, even new, I recon it’s a sound frame. Obviously nicer frames are availible.

Northwind

Sounds grand, thanks! I’m on the same divide sizewise so that’s very helpful.

TBH I know nowt about road bikes, so I’m looking at planet x mainly because they look nice and they’re comprehensible 😉

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Planet X frames- sizing?’ is closed to new replies.