Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 135 total)
  • Pistorius
  • molgrips
    Free Member

So, I at first thought he was guilty as charged, but now I’m not so sure. Sounding like a case of itchy trigger finger rather than actual murder. Not sure what difference it makes in terms of the crime though – not sure if you can be convicted of manslaughter if you escape murder in SA.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Get out of here, crocodile tears, guilty as charged!! Royd rage maybe or just plain bad attitude!

doctorgnashoidz
    Free Member

I thought Reeva was still in bed. yeah right.

The not having a jury is interesting. Normally, celebs seem to get off. OJ Simpson , Steven Gerrard etc etc. Not that he murdered anyone.

Pigface
    Free Member

He comes across as a twunt

hora
    Free Member

Guy lives in compound with security. Leaves window open.

So hes not that nervous and jittery about crime.

If he opened the window post-four shots what does that say?

Drac

What kind of burglar looks in the bathroom next to where people are sleeping?

Doug
    Free Member

He did it on purpose IMO but I just can’t see how they can prove it beyond reasonable doubt especially given how the first officer on scene has since been found guilty of being as bent as a nine bob note. Should go to prison just for shooting blindly at an unidentified target. Whole different ballgame if it was a manslaughter charge.

enfht
    Free Member

Guilty as charged. What convinced me was him saying to the victim’s family in court “you’re the first people I pray for every morning” which came across as a load of old cobblers.

stumpyjon

If I was the judge his histeronics would not being helping his case. I think he’s genuinely distressed but i think that just shows how wrapped up in himself he is. He killed someone without justification, the fact it was his girl friend just makes it even less justifiable. He should have waited, blindly shooting through the door was never going to end well.

matt_outandabout

Wether deliberate or unknowing, he shot and killed someone.
    I do think he is genuinely remorseful. But it may just be the fact he is staring at life inside.

oldboy
    Free Member

Guilty!

molgrips
    Free Member

I thought maybe one too many hard man fantasies.. intoxicated by guns… Desperate for a burglar to shoot. People hear what they want to hear…

Of course, even he admits he killed someone without justification – what he’s trying to say is that he didn’t actually intend to kill his girlfriend.

A pretty f**ked up man though. Did anyone do a drug test on his hair etc?

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I do think he is genuinely remorseful.

just like that girl on facebook who knocked down the ‘bloody cyclist’…

torsoinalake
    Free Member

I do think he is genuinely remorseful.

Like **** he is. Has blamed everyone but himself for his predicament.

Should be in jail already.

hora
    Free Member

Google the crime scene. Rhe toilet is not behind the door. Its offset to the left.

Genuinely remorseful? You are applying mine and yours normal person logic. Hes facing no freedom. A good looking, celeb faces life in jail.

Harry_the_Spider

Not got a leg to stand on.

warton
    Free Member

he said he woke up, went outside onto the balcony, to move a fan, and then heard a noise and told the gf to phone the police. no answer. then went to the bathroom and just unloaded into a door, no warning, nothing. sorry but thats bullshit. Anyone would consult with their partner about if they heard a noise, and what they should do, so if he asked her to call the cops, wouldn’t he wait to get an answer? and wouldn’t he have seen she wasn’t there when he got out of bed, went out, came back in etc etc…

he murdered her, open and shut case IMO.

thejesmonddingo

I dont get this,if I was in bed in an ensuite with a longterm girlfriend,and heard noises from the bathroom,the first thing I’d do is nudge the partner and say “Did you hear that?” If they weren’t there,I’d assume they were in the bathroom,so going in gun blazing looks distinctly iffy IMHO

doctorgnashoidz
    Free Member

You would know if there was a tidy lady in your bed or not. Well I would.

avdave2

A spoiled little brat who believes the world revolves around him who had a tantrum and thought he’d teach her a lesson . So full of himself, just look at his reaction to getting well beaten at the London games – if you beat me you must have been cheating and no one’s going to take me out of the spotlight. And now like the little boy he really is he can’t face up to what he did, probably actually now believes what he’s saying in court.

donks
    Free Member

If I wanted to kill someone I wouldn’t chance shooting them through a closed door…. Might miss or just wing them? Just saying!

thecaptain
    Free Member

Even by his own story he’s an unstable murderous gun nut. I suppose there is some morbid curiosity in whether he could possibly be telling the truth, but it all seems pretty implausible to me.

vickypea
    Free Member

Maybe he did it in a blind fury?

EDIT: not saying that excuses him at all, but maybe he can’t control his anger and now realises the gravity of what he’s done.

teasel
    Free Member

Should go to prison just for shooting blindly at an unidentified target

Not sure about the prison part but, to me at least, anyone that shoots without knowing what they’re shooting at has exposed themselves as, well, not sure really.

Definitely shouldn’t own a firearm…

loddrik
    Free Member

Prosecutor had him in knots today. The line that stood out for me was the prosecutor saying to him after a line of questioning

“So you accidentally shot at the intruders..?” Pistorious got himself to this point btw after he said he had not meant to fire his gun and admitting he was shooting at intruders.

Genius, he’s got him.

chewkw
    Free Member

Do you think he really love her?

😯

bikebouy
    Free Member

Tricky this, you know not being there and all that.

Having listened to all the “evidence” and soundbites that Sky/BBC report I have formed an “informed” opinion. That opinion is this:
    Having had a blazing row with her over something quite incidental, he wouldn’t let it lie and it erupted into a stinking bost up. His temper go the better of him, she ran for cover into the Loo and he was so enraged that he offloaded a few rounds of bullets, designed to frighten the shit out of her, however she was unfortunately in the way of those bullets.
    I get the impression that his modus was to frighten, however knowing bullets can kill he had the motive to at least hurt/threaten and therein lies the rub.
    Motive, outcome, manslaughter IMO.
    Remorse, yup I think he has buckets of it, can’t think what he’ll get if found guilty but spending a large proportion of his time in prison isn’t what he had in mind, nor trained for. It’ll kill him.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

The bottom line is he shot blind through a closed door and killed someone.

Jail time, it’s just how much time that needs to be decided.

breadcrumb

What kind of burglar looks in the bathroom next to where people are sleeping?

Turd burglar?

If I was on the rob, the bathroom would be last place I’d think to search for any valuables.

He put four shots through a closed door with the intention of killing the person behind it.

There was no immediate threat to his own safety (they were hiding behind a closed door, not coming at him with a knife)

It doesn’t matter if he killed a burglar on purpose or his girlfriend by accident. He intended to kill someone and a claim self defence isn’t very convincing.

I think under English law he would be guilty of murder in both cases.

I suppose South African law is different?

ads678

This all started when the Brazilian fella beat him in the paralympics. His head was knackered after that, god knows what he thought he was doing but the bloke is seriously messed up.

loddrik
    Free Member

No wonder he’s wailing on the stand. He’s just thinking about being the only young pretty rich white boy in the jailhouse!!!

Assume the position Oscar…

Hopefully he’ll meet Shrien Diwani in there too.

Blackhound

My only source is BBC news like others and not heard all the evidence. But I reckon he lost his rag over something and wasted her, perhaps accidentally. I think he is remorseful in the cold light of day, just his temper got the better of him. Don’t think it was pre determined murder but might be manslaughter over here. Don’t know how SA courts deal with this.

I don’t think squeezing of four shots can ever be done “accidentally”

cranberry
    Free Member

avdave2/bikebouy +1

He has lost his rag/wanted to intimidate a woman in a locked bathroom to a point he has gone and got a gun and let off 4 rounds through a closed door. Not a premeditated murder, but murder none the less.

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

+1 ads678 He really showed what a bad loser he is at the Olympics. I really went off him after that.

Edit: I don’t buy his crocodile tears and court room theatricals either. Guilty of murder in my opinion.

jkomo

If you were going to fire a gun, you’d make damn sure your loved ones were safe first.
    Surely if you had a gun in the house you’d have had a mental run through about what circumstances you’d fire it.
    Through a closed door, not knowing where everyone else in the family is first is an absurd defence.

natrix
    Free Member

We need to bear in mind that South Africans have a completely different outlook to both guns and burglary than we do. Shooting a burglar is a lot more acceptable there than it would be here.

Regardless of my personal opinion, I haven’t heard any evidence so far that convinces me beyond all reasonable doubt that he knowingly intended to kill his girlfriend.

hora
    Free Member

I haven’t heard any evidence so far that convinces me beyond all reasonable doubt that he knowingly intended to kill his girlfriend.

I hear you but do they have the same law/principle in SA?

geoffj
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 135 total)

The topic ‘Pistorius’ is closed to new replies.