Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Photography DSLR guides/advice
  • Russell96

After years n years of point and click with various compacts, some of which by pure chance have been published god knows how thou as all I have been trying to do is capture what I get to see with my eyes when I’m out riding. I have taken the next step and invested in a low end DSLR and lens with the intent of trying to add some technique/knowledge and bit more repeatable quality to my pictures rather than relying on some random elements.

By nature/breeding I’m a geek so more than able/willing to immerse myself in technobabble, so I’m just after some pointers to books/website/forums that people have found useful towards the beginning of the learning curve.

nmdbase
    Free Member

Talk Photography, a good forum.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Best thing to do is read the manual so you know how everything works, then just get out and start practising/ experimenting

Russell96

RTFM has been done I’m embarrassed to say (goes against my instincts) experimentation is already ongoing mostly so far playing with depth of field/manual focus and post processing with Aperture. But outdoors/scenery tips mucho appreciated.

Cougar
    Russell96

Cheers all, looks to be some good reading/viewing on those sites.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Photography DSLR guides/advice’ is closed to new replies.