Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Photographing fireworks……..
  • So, different cameras will have different settings no doubt and I think the subject matter will be quite, erm, subjective with regards as to how you want your shots to turn out. However, what settings and methods do you use to shoot fireworks – sample shots welcome.

flyingmonkeycorps

Lots of Colours by Will Slater, on Flickr

I go for tripod, long exposure, high F number personally. Set the exposure so the background is exposed right then try to time it right so you get just the right amount of “burst” in the exposure. Remote shutter helps.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

What FMC sed; it’s worth having a practice run with your cam and a tripod, to see what sort of exposure times/aperture settings work best. See what allows buildings and stuff to be exposed correctly. Scope out a good location to set up, and get there early.

Some good tips here: http://www.digital-photography-school.com/how-to-photograph-fireworks

Personally I feel well-known landmarks and scenes make for the best firework pics as they tell more of a story.

Ya get me?

Fantastic pics, unfortunately mine will be local displays with no landmarks or water – albeit usually very good displays

LeeW

Is that second one yours Elf? It’s fantastic.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Nah not mine, just off of Google. 🙂

grum
    Free Member

As above really. Also, a lot of the really impressive ones I think are composites (probably the ones Elf posted IMO), ie taking several exposure and blending them together in PS.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Photographing fireworks……..’ is closed to new replies.