Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Phones – WHY!!!
  • simonlovell999
    Free Member

Sorry to say but why do people need phones to do everything including the washing!

The definition of a phone is to – par take in a conversation and make phone calls.

Keep it simple

rs
    Free Member

I rarely use my phone, but it makes a great mp3 player and gps and occasional internet device, oh and it also makes phone calls for the odd time i feel the need to make a call 🙂 beats having multiple gadgets.

simonlovell999
    Free Member

this post is meant to be sarcastic

rs
    Free Member

you need to work on your sarcasm then cause you just sound like an old man that doesn't like technology 🙂

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

The definition of a phone is to – par take in a conversation and make phone calls.

Do you mean the purpose of a phone is to…………..

Surely a more accurate 'definition' of a phone is….. a device invented by Alexanda Graham Bell 1st patented in 1876 to

par take in a conversation and make phone calls.

😆

carbon337
    Free Member

Sorry to say but why do people need phones to do everything including the washing!

Keep it simple

Bet you ride singlespeed and rigid forks. 🙂

simonlovell999
    Free Member

i'm not old and i enjoy technology as i keep up-to-date with whats going on as i have a small business as a it technician just having a sarcastic rant and cheering myself up after a hectic week.

MSP

How the hell is it possible to do the washing without step by step instructions from your mum or wife? the phone is an invaluable tool for household tasks.

And if you’re from Yorkshire you only need one number to reach your mum and wife.

CountZero

They're sold as phones to get them into shops and encourage people to buy them. As a devise, they are properly PDA's with wireless Internet connection, which allows their use as a phone. The likes of Palm have been trying for years to sell PDA's to the public and getting nowhere, only business types could get to grips with their often totally shonky OS's and crap web browsers. Apple had the bright idea of making a PDA with a super simple OS that could be understood by anyone, that didn't need a fifty page user manual and a degree in geek, then selling it as a phone through normal high street retailers. I hardly ever make phone calls, but I have a real everyday use for something with a simple OS, that is a good music player, a good web browser, that gets my emails efficiently, and many other uses beside, an ebook reader in particular. Plus a multitude of other things, like a good weather forcaster, Facebook, even little things like being able to locate pubs in an area you're unfamiliar with on a clear map. Having quality turn-by-turn car navigation, Ordnance Survey mapping of the whole country at various scales, down to 1:10k, all contained in one pocket sized device, makes it invaluable. To me. If you can't see or understand the benefits, fine, but don't get all snuffy about people who use such things every single day, like I'm doing right at this moment, otherwise I'd have to drag my laptop out of it's case, plug it in, boot it up, open Safari or Firefox, just to browse this and other websites. Or look up something on Wiki. Or programme something on my Sky box without having to switch on the tv first to see what I'm doing.
    Simple.

Jamie
    Free Member

The fact my phone does not do the washing is a constant source of annoyance.

emac65
    Free Member

Some of us have lots of friends & like to keep in touch….. 🙄

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Phones – WHY!!!’ is closed to new replies.