Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • phone bill question
  • 5lab

ello all

phone bill just came in and its a bit large. Trouble is, I live in a shared house and a significant chunk of the bill is in the ’50p or under’ catagory and as such I don’t know anything about the calls (so can’t assign them to anyone). Phoned up virgin, and they can add full itemisation for £1 per month, but it can’t be applied retrospectively – ie I can’t see what makes up this month’s bill

so, simple question is do I have any way of saying I’m not willing to pay the bill unless they fully itemise it? I’m willing to pay for the itemised bill this month, but there must be some precident with people disputing bills (which i’m not necessarily doing, but I don’t know without the itemisation). Or do I just have to suck it up and pay?

Hugh

Smee
    Free Member

Is it red?

atlaz
    Free Member

If the bill is in your name, the contract is between you and them. If you didn’t ask for itemised billing and they’ve not given it to you as you asked for, I don’t believe you can refuse to pay.

djglover
    Free Member

If your name is on the bill they can find you liable for the whole bill, even if other names are on it too.

sofatester
    Free Member

Why not disconnect the phone and everyone just use mobiles? Worked in a house i used to share.

djglover
    Free Member

Kill all your housemates and hide their dismembered body parts in the loft? Worked in a house i used to share.

sofatester
    Free Member

That’s what the smell was then djglover!

DaveGr
    Free Member

If you’re disputing it with your housemates then get everyone to sit down and talk about it rationally while you cradle a pair of bombers in your hands….

If you’re disputing it with Virgin then you have various choices. Pay up, they’re happy you’re not. Don’t pay, they send the baliffs in to get their money and disconnect you, they’re happy you’re not.

pacemaker
    Free Member

Did you get away without paying??? 😆

Flaperon

Disconnect the phone. Whenever I've shared a house we've had a landline but only for ADSL.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘phone bill question’ is closed to new replies.