Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Petition to remove Michael Gove from Office.. please sign
  • cloudnine
    Free Member

I know theres hundreds of online petitions.. but sign this

https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/remove-michael-gove-from-office

jonahtonto
    Free Member

not that it will do much but done

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Done.

saxabar
    Free Member

Done.

tricky-dicky
    Free Member

I like him

slowoldgit
    Free Member

it was a pleasure

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I’ve done it simply cos he’s a politician.
    Any more? I’ll sign every one. A disabled monkey could do a better job than those lot, without a pay rise.

Edit, & I’d trust the monkey more.

piemonster

Enjoyed that.

Surprised it’s only at 25k

PJM1974
    Free Member

I’d prefer just to remove him from the British Isles and leave him to it on some tiny island somewhere remote.

I’d also like to send a bunch of his mates and colleagues there too.

JulianA
    Free Member

Errmmm, don’t we do this at a general election if we can? Who to replace them with, though?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

piemonster – Member
    Enjoyed that.

Surprised it’s only at 25k
    Why surprised? It’s not like it’s going to do anything…

oldnpastit

This is why we have general elections. If you don’t like him, help a political party that won’t put him in office. Send them some money or knock on doors. Signing a petition is not going to help with this.

PJM1974
    Free Member

A General Election is a brilliant way of ensuring that a bunch of self serving bastards are removed from office, to be replaced by an even bigger bunch of self serving bastards.

And so it goes.

grtdkad

Done. Gove is such a twunt

andytherocketeer

Move to Surrey, then you can vote against him next year.
    That’ll count much more than a stupid petition.
    Should need about 16,000 people I reckon to collude with those that voted LibDem last time, to decide who to back, to attempt to form a majority.

jambalaya
    Free Member

As above you get to try and do this at the general election

This petition is a total waste of time at best and actually anti democratic at worst

sbob
    Free Member

I’ll sign it as soon as binners presents an alternative. 😀

SuperScale20
    Free Member

I think you will find the only way to do is at a general election good luck anyway.

wiggles
    Free Member

Yeah he is a CU…next tuesday, but don’t think this will make much difference. Better off going round slapping all his constituents who voted him in the the first place 😉

chewkw
    Free Member

I don’t care because all of them are career zombie maggots with the replacement also going to a zombie maggot. 🙄

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

As someone in the teaching profession, I like him…

anagallis_arvensis

Care to explain what sort of teacher you are, at what sort of school and why you like him?
    I havent signed it, thats what elections are for.

Coyote
    Free Member

Who to replace them with, though?

A turtle on a post. There are a lot of similarities.

cloudnine
    Free Member

I think it’s more of a statement to express disgust at him than actually get him removed. I cant believe what some politicians believe is acceptable behavior. Sign and share.

kimbers

His recent petty attempts to politicize the world war I centenary were disgraceful

onehundredthidiot

Surely this is increased democracy?

In a true democracy we would vote for individuals for each post (obviously not possible) not political parties that place whichever greasy pole climber will aid the leaders aims in that position.

Something like this lets the politicians know that the electorate at large do not agree with a particular stand point.

igm

Guys, a general election is a way of removing him from the House of Commons, not from government office. Obviously not all MPs are ministers, but equally you don’t need to be an MP to hold a ministerial position – plenty have been Lords in the past and Lords (last time I checked) aren’t elected by us.

Now as for removing Gove, I’d happily have him deported from the planet. Can he take George “don’t call me Gideon ‘cos people might think I’m posh” Osbourne with him?

allthepies
    Free Member

He’s my MP, decent chap 🙂

Drac

Move to Surrey, then you can vote against him next year.

Move to Surrey or have Gove in parliament. Bloody hell that’s a tough one.

matt_outandabout

Gove did not have enough hugs as a kid IMO.

I also have a list of the next changes and suggestions he has in mind -they are the ones that Hattie researched as least effective in improving learning – see the bottom 10 😉

http://tmsydney.wikispaces.com/file/view/Hattie’s+visible+learning+in+7+minutes.pptx

jag61

well that felt good , never felt as strongly about something, what a complete tw@ sadly he/they wont listen to this petition either

crankboy
    Free Member

A general election is where I select a specific individual who I wish to represent me in Parliament . I do not get to vote for a party nor do I get a say in who is in cabinet or what department they run. This petition is more Democratic. Than the once every 4 years musical chairs competition.

robdob
    Free Member

I wonder how many of you boring whiny moaners ever get involved in politics so you can change things yourself? You seem to know a lot more than the people doing things at the moment so you should have no problem getting voted in.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Dobbie.. it’s a petition against a vile twunt of a politician. Sign it and stop trolling.
    Most here are too human to get involved in politics.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Pointless guff, if you think they will take notice of 25k+ people signing an online petition when they ignored close to1m people demonstrating against a war then you are sadly deluded.

If it’s just a cathartic exercise, knock yourselves out. But as has been said ^^^, if you are really bothered, get organised and use the system in place to remove him.

andytherocketeer

What Robdob said.
    Most of those signing probably voted for party XYZ* because that’s who their dad voted for all his life.

(* even though you don’t vote for a party in Westminster elections, you vote for a member to represent you in parliament)

Move to Surrey or have Gove in parliament. Bloody hell that’s a tough one.

There’s a trail centre nearby. Might be in a neighbouring constituency, but it’s near enough. 😉

kimbers

the problem is hes got a big majority amongst the legions of (generational) Torry voters in surrey, so youll have spent an awfull lot of money on a tiny house and have arseholes for nieghbours and he’ll still get re-elected (coz they all send their kids to private school anyway)

GaryLake
    Free Member

There’s a difference between him being an MP and a cabinet minister though – my MP is Liam Fox but he was removed from being defence minister.

I think the petition is a little vague, we don’t need him being removed as an MP, just as education minister and that is entirely possible.

Not that I’d have any hope for his successor being any different.

pdw
    Free Member

I wonder how many of you boring whiny moaners ever get involved in politics so you can change things yourself?

+1… but who on earth would go into politics when you’ve got attitudes like:

I’ve done it simply cos he’s a politician.

You get the politicians you deserve.

bencooper
    Free Member

Voting in general elections doesn’t work. Did anyone vote for a ConDem coalition? We’ve effectively got a Tory government that we didn’t vote for.

Tony Blair, in his most popular years, still only managed to get 1 in 5 of the voting age population to vote for him.

The votes of most people don’t matter – most people live in safe seats. Elections are decided by a few marginal seats where all the parties concentrate their attention – that’s why all three main parties are basically identical.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Petition to remove Michael Gove from Office.. please sign’ is closed to new replies.