• This topic has 33 replies, 27 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by D0NK.
Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Pesky helmet cammers, always looking for trouble
  • bails

[video]http://youtu.be/Rt6Mro4vjBs[/video]
    Ouch!

At least he was indicating…

chambord
    Free Member

😯

unklehomered
    Free Member

It wasn’t sunny, so maybe he sneezed?

wordnumb
    Free Member

Did the driver stop?

chambord
    Free Member

Not according to the Youtube comments, and had false plates as well…

EDIT:

ITV article from Youtube comments

stumpy01

Jesus! He flipped over the top!
    Didn’t seem to react at all (no apparent braking or swerving), although perhaps hard to tell from that.

woody2000

Jesus! The bike must have been going at a fair speed to get that kind of lift off! What’s the outcome? Slap on the wrist for the driver?!

GregMay
    Free Member

Why is he wearing a suit showing off his trashed bike?

ac282

You really don’t need to be going that fast. I was taken out my an MX 5 turning right across me. I was only doing about 15 mph and started to brake before the crash and I still flew right over the car.

bails

I think the ‘posing’ is from the local paper photo. The car was on false plates and the driver drove away once the bike had landed.

neilwheel
    Free Member

Would have forgiven him for riding on the pavement in that situation.

wordnumb
    Free Member

Interesting that the ITV report credits all the images to SWNS rather than the guy who was actually strapped to the camera.

Can’t quite get that crunch sound out of my head.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Jesus! The bike must have been going at a fair speed to get that kind of lift off!

It’s only the camera that goes up in the air. In one frame you can see the rider on the floor next to the car.

Still nasty though.

buck53

He went over the bonnet but the camera left his helmet, he didn’t flip that many times. In the slow-mo section you can see him on the floor as the camera spins.

Inexcusable from the driver.

yorkshire89
    Free Member

I thought it was the cyclist flying through the air until you see him lying on the ground in the slow mo. Still pretty scary! 😯

barrytheflea
    Free Member

That is an awful suit

cubist
    Free Member

Its a bullet cam on the bars – not a helmet cam. Still going to hurt in the morning though…

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Poor guy braking on a road bike really must be shit I’m glad I don’t have one…

portlyone

Needs to work on his bunnyhopping skills

Milkie
    Free Member

I had the same happen to me… Admittedly I was in a car and somehow didn’t hit me, but apart from that it was exactly the same.:wink: I swear some people drive with their eyes closed.

Maybe he was going to Quick Fit to get the random right turns sorted!

gogg
    Free Member

That is some shockingly bad driving and quelle surprise, false plates. So much for relying on cameras to do the police’s work for them….

ninfan
    Free Member

(whilst not excusing the shockingly dangerous and shite driving, and accepting the rider being completely free from fault)

Have you noticed this recent tendency for indicators to be just a coloured bulb on a silver background and almost completely invisible in normal daylight conditions?

bails

Poor guy braking on a road bike really must be shit I’m glad I don’t have one

It all happened so fast I doubt he had much time to brake tbh.

By the time it’s obvious that the car isn’t swerving round a pothole/positioning to turn right behind the cyclist it’s only a car length or two away. At 40mph (assuming both doing 20mph in opposite directions) you’re covering 3 or 4 car lengths (17m) every second. Even if he’d stopped he’d still have been in the path of the car!

crankboy
    Free Member

jesus that is basically what happened to me ,in so far as the ridding was concerned my car came through traffic from the right into the bus / cycle lane I weas in . The police officer rang me as I was leaving casualty to say I had to understand that the driver had not seen me , and fubared any prosecution by writing in her report “the cyclist must accept some responsibility for the accident as they failed to anticipate the drivers manoeuvre.”

D0NK

ouch!

“the cyclist must accept some responsibility for the accident as they failed to anticipate the drivers manoeuvre.”

and when a complete arsehole does something like that is there anything you can do? (seem to recall you are of the legal persuasion CB..?)

Painey
    Free Member

Had something very similar happen to me about 10 years or so ago. Went smack into the front of a beemer after it pretty much drove across in front of me, me off to hospital in an ambulance etc.

The woman driver also claimed she didn’t see me and got a warning/caution from the police. How she didn’t see me is the bit that gets me on top of the fact that the police accepted it. I’m 6’4, was wearing a bright yellow top and it was clear daylight. If she didn’t see me she wasn’t driving with due care etc…

crankboy
    Free Member

Donk I am so had a bit of a row with the police employee who made the decision and am at least getting somewhere with the insurance claim as her insurers have accepted full liability.
    It is not the police failing to prosecute that annoys so much as their failing to acknowledge that the driver is at fault . we ( the driver and i ) got identical generic no further action letters.

mooman
    Free Member

Whos head smashed the windscreen? the bike rider or the drivers??

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

rider’s shoulder smashed the screen. I’m amazed he seems to have walked away from it pretty much uninjured.

mooman
    Free Member

Shoulder? how do you know that??

Adrenalin would helped him walk away – bet he wasn’t walking too good once it had worn off though.

amedias
    Free Member

Shoulder? how do you know that??

Because it says so in the linked article:

“He came out of nowhere. The impact was so quick I had no time to stop.

I hit the windscreen with my shoulder and it shattered straight away – that shows how fast and hard he hit me.”

Pook

The littlewoods catalogue has weird scenarios for its models these days

brooess
    Free Member

You do wonder at what point we’re going to take driving crime seriously – fake plates, driving without due care and attention, rider’s bike totalled and the guy seriously injured. Surely when caught the driver has to do time and never ever be allowed near a car again?

This is why you HAVE to ride assuming that the most moronic move a driver could make is, in fact, the one they will make… I’ve stopped assuming a stationary car will stay stationary after I’ve seen too many daft moves (whether walking, driving or riding)… you can see why people say they’d love to ride but think it’s too dangerous. Meanwhile the UK gets fatter and fatter and fatter…

D0NK

we ( the driver and i ) got identical generic no further action letters

well atleast that was reassuring that wthey were’n’t going to prosecute you for deliberately and persistently not dodging out of the way of arsehole drivers.
    I got NFA when witnesses didn’t bother to fill in the forms, despite driver and his insurance accepting full liability. Annoying.

(wasn’t expecting them to lock him up but checking the dopey sod’s eyesight and generally impressing on him the importance of watching WTF you are going would have been nice)

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Pesky helmet cammers, always looking for trouble’ is closed to new replies.