Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 273 total)
  • PEAKS POOTLE – 22nd January
  • SkipRatsBro
    Free Member

Hopefully should be okay for this.
    I`ll check with the gaffer first
    to be sure.

james
    Free Member

I might be able to make this, perhaps with one or a few others. I’ll see

When you say “Ladybower Pub descent”
    Do you mean cutthroat bridge or the ‘other’ one (which can be rather good, not sure in slop though) as they both come out behind the pub onto the road in front?

How long will it be before somebody sanitises the bottom of WLT-cutthraot – I’d bet they sanitise all the way to the road (at cutthroat) though, which would be a shame

Normally in winter after gores fm descent I head up the fireroad next the dam just above fairholmes (could drop down to fairholmes cafe via the stepped path and back up the road) back upto near lockerbrook farm and back down hagg, then up and down the permissive b.way (with the extra bit at the end) back to ladybower dam if not parkd in the A57 layby below 2 thorn fields farm. That’d bring it upto 4 hills (last one not being full size and easily ridden parallel next to the resevior)

Pook

WLT to Cutthroat.

I know where you mean – yeah it’s a clear option, but the permissive is a bog too so it’s six of one….

If WLT were to be sanitised, I don’t think anything we could do would make a difference. From my own experience, it’s more often walkers that avoid the puddles than cyclists.

will
    Free Member

Yeh… might show up

james
    Free Member

The permissive is more sloppy/slimey than boggy so shouldn’t result in axle deep over the bars stuff. Plus you get Hagg Farm
    Both climbs are all rideable too

Only a suggestion anyway

slowrider
    Free Member

We should have a round of hora’s excuse bingo on this thread, the prize being wiping his arse after his obligatory mid-ride dump. So glad I’m not coming!

sambob
    Free Member

I’ll be there. Anyone going through Whaley Bridge i can steal a lift from?

Pook

very welcome suggestion James. Sambob – pack your own bloody jelly babies this time.

sambob
    Free Member

Will do. And i promise i didn’t mean to throw yours all over the road…

Pook

Twice

😉

hora
    Free Member

Oi I didn’t poo last week! I’m saving it…

sambob
    Free Member

I thought i only did it once?

sambob
    Free Member

Bump.

Popocatapetl

I’ll be there and i can give you a lift Sambob.

sambob
    Free Member

Nice one. I’ve still got your number, do you want my postcode again?

hora
    Free Member

You might have dropped two jelly babies. Pook doesn’t like sweetie genocide 😮

TN
    Free Member

I really, really would like to join you for one of these rides some time, but I already have plans and I doubt my mates would be up for joining in. :-S
    Next time, maybe.

sambob
    Free Member

At the bottom of the old Mam Tor road i dropped two thirds of a packet. I should probably turn up in disguise so he doesn’t realise it’s me….

Jamie
    Free Member

What sort of time you usually set off Pook? Be driving a couple of hours is all, so if it’s first first thing then would probably have to give it a miss.

mtb_matt
    Free Member

Yeah. Should be able to make it.

Cheers

Matt

BadlyWiredDog

Mebbe.

hora
    Free Member

I think its normally 1030?

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Anyone going from Sheffield who fancies giving a lift to a 30 yr old who, for no particular reason has never bothered to learn to drive ?!

:-S

hora
    Free Member

I never bothered to learn either (well it looks that way)

smeg
    Free Member

May just be up for this, will let you know later in the week whether I can make it or not.

Jamie
    Free Member

Anyone going from Sheffield who fancies giving a lift to a 30 yr old who, for no particular reason has never bothered to learn to drive ?!

I didn’t pass my test till I was 30…still pissed off now I didn’t do it sooner.

dafunkphenomenon
    Free Member

Fancy this but not sure I’ll be in any fit state after Friday night, got a rearranged Christmas do so might be a bit worse for wear.

Will see later in the week how drunk I need to get

robdob
    Free Member

Slight threa hijack – big thanks to Pook, Podge et al – met them all at Stainburn yesterday and cheered me up loads. Struggling to enjoy riding my bike at the moment due to being ill for 2 months and putting all the weight I had lost back on in a flash. I had to ride on my own yesterday which was depressing and meeting them was fantastic. Only rode for 1.5hrs but was shattered afterwards.
    If anyone is thinking of coming on a ride with this lot just go for it. You’ll be made welcome and encouraged along if you struggling. There are a few bailout options on this ride you can take if the Dark Peak grinds you down too much but stick with it and youll have a blast.

Jamie
    Free Member

Wondering if I come will I be travelling the furthest. Anyone beat 200 mile round trip? 8)

Mister-P
    Free Member

As lovely as it would be to see you all again I was working away at the London Bike Show this weekend so I think my GF would kill me if I buggered off biking on Saturday.

h4muf
    Free Member

Wondering if I come will I be travelling the furthest. Anyone beat 200 mile round trip?

It’ll be worth it :mrgreen:

slowrider
    Free Member

Looking like a good week between now and the pootle, dry and brightso should help a lot with trail conditions. 200 mile round trip would be worth it IMO, the peaks is always a good ride.

thepodge
    Free Member

robdod, we must have only seen you for about 10 minutes and half that was oggling the gold bar / stem combo.

glad it cheered you up

binners

Well it seems like frightfully bad form not to put in an appearance.

And someone has to give Hora a wedgie at the top of every climb. Count me in

robdob
    Free Member

I’d been there about an hour before you said hello and was thinking about going home as I felt cack. Another run at the descent line was fun and made it all wirthwhile.
    It’s going to be my main aim to jump off the big rock by the time summer comes.

thepodge
    Free Member

really? that’s a bloody big rock

robdob
    Free Member

I’ve been doing stuff maybe 2/3rds that size nearer home, it’s just a mind game really.

slowrider
    Free Member

I want to jump off the rock without crapping myself, im hoping pooks video of that bit doesn’t come out well.

slowrider
    Free Member

It’s worth noting for all potential pootlers that pook has a bit of an unhealthy obsession with rolls Royce which is bordering on delusional. He has been through claiming to be a chauffeur, a test pilot and a head badge polisher and now claims to have started work today as their international communications bloke. It’s best to just humour him, poor fella.

binners

Well its progress from his whole alien abduction/anal probe stories.

To be honest they were getting a bit tedious. Especially when he insisted on showing you the scars 😯

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 273 total)

The topic ‘PEAKS POOTLE – 22nd January’ is closed to new replies.