• This topic has 10 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by puzki-spam.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Payment by bank transfer
  • aa
    Free Member

Hi all,
    i’ve sold a bag on ebay and buyer wants to pay by bank transfer, so, wants my bank ac number and sort code.
    What, if anything, can go wrong, should i be wary?

bencooper
    Free Member

Nothing can go wrong, it’s a very safe way to get paid.

aa
    Free Member

ta ben,
    so, they cant reverse the payment once goods received?

maccruiskeen

Ignore me, misreading q on a small screen

DezB
    Free Member

Question is why?
    Did you say in your auction that it was a payment method you accepted?
    It’s safe in that they can’t nick your money, but you won’t get protection if they claim not to have received the item (like you would with Paypal.)

bencooper
    Free Member

No, bank transfers can’t be reversed – they don’t pre-clear the way cheques do. Lots of companies print their bank details on every invoice they send out – and they’re on the bottom of every cheque you write of course.

bencooper
    Free Member

But you won’t need protection as Paypal can’t rip the money back 😉

nealglover
    Free Member

It’s safe in that they can’t nick your money, but you won’t get protection if they claim not to have received the item (like you would with Paypal.)

So what protection does he need if they claim not to have received the item ?

PayPal would just refund them.

His bank certainly won’t.

zilog6128

Neither of you will be covered by seller/buyer protection – however as these generally favour the buyer more that may not be a bad thing for you

aa
    Free Member

it was an acceptable offer made after a ‘buy it now’ didnt sell, so, is outside of ebay. Goods will be sent special delivery.
    Its all good then!

DezB
    Free Member

Ah, got ya. That’s fine then.

So what protection does he need if they claim not to have received the item ?
    PayPal would just refund them.
    His bank certainly won’t.

Ebay would suspend his seller account, but that may not matter. I guess I was thinking more from the buyers p.o.v.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Payment by bank transfer’ is closed to new replies.