Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Pay monthly phone – best deals?
  • jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Looking for a couple of pay monthly phones – need unlimited texts but not much in terms of data or voice minutes

Not interested in PAYG or SIM only

Any good deals out there? Ideally free handsets with low monthly charges

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

If you have virgin at home ie tv and broadband they have excellent deals with unlimited calls texts and internet and free 0845 and 08 numbers too and free handsets they use orange t mob and ee for signal so good coverage too. Or try 3 ive bin with them nearly 6 years had no hassle work all over uk and allways had 3g and signal and no issues with service or phones and they have good deals too.

mikey74
    Free Member

I’ve just upgraded to an HTC One with unlimited texts, calls, and 1gb data, free phone, with Phones 4 U. £27/month.

bland

Wife said Tesco were doing an iPhone for £20 month but might be just existing customers

nickjb
    Free Member

Not interested in PAYG or SIM only

why’s that? It works out much cheaper and with the better deals you just end up paying a fixed amount per month anyway.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Is PAYG really cheaper than pay monthly? It hadn’t used to be but I’m probably out of touch

jambalaya
    Free Member

@james – it all depends upon usage. If you make few calls and sms and use mostly free wifi or no data then yes.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Thanks – what counts as few sms?

theotherjonv

I’ve been on a pay monthly deal for 2 years nearly and am due an upgrade in the New year. Everyone seems to tell me I’m a fool for tying in to a deal for another two, and I should buy a phone*, and then get a SIM only deal.

* can’t really keep existing phone as it doesn’t work properly anymore, otherwise it’d be an easy choice.

Is it really that easy to take your number across, don’t want to change every time i change deals?

Where’s the best places to get the phones from so I can check out pricing?

yetidave
    Free Member

Tesco do a HTC desire for £7.50/month 500texts, 250mins and 500gb of data. When you get two you get a family deal so up the 150min to 250min for free.

nickjb
    Free Member

GiffGaffs cheapest PAYG deal is £7.50/month for 200 UK minutes, unlimited UK texts and 250MB Internet. Free sim and £50 credit from my referral if you want to try it click. The beauty of these deals is that you can give it a go, if it doesn’t work out just bin it and try another one rather than being locked in for 2 years.

@toj it’s a piece of cake to port your number. Just need a PAC code from your current supplier and takes half a day or so to actually switch

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Pay monthly phone – best deals?’ is closed to new replies.