Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Paul Kimmage on Twitter
  • ormondroyd
    Free Member

Has only been on a few days. Excellent value so far, shall we say.

https://twitter.com/PaulKimmage

ton

still bitter after all those years. 🙄

ormondroyd
    Free Member

Why shouldn’t he be?

cynic-al
    Free Member

ton, what’s your point?

As a journo has he not done more than anyone to expose drug taking in the sport?…and been bullied all the way along, only to then be proven right?

wisepranker
    Free Member

He seems to go by the principle of ‘throw enough shit and some will stick’

As cycling journo’s go, I personally think he’s the most irritating about!

ton

my point is that he is a bitter man, still being consumed by his bitterness after all these years.

crikey
    Free Member

I think he has a right to be bitter; his book exposed the widespread acceptance of doping in the pro peleton, and look at the way things went. He was one of the few people willing to stand up and accuse Lance Armstrong, one of the few journalists to point the finger, in public at no small risk to himself, and one of those who suggested that the blame should extend as far as the big boys at the UCI, old Hein and Uncle Pat.

He’s stuck to his guns, for years and has been shown to be correct.

I’d be bitter too.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Being sued by the UCI also. I’d be bitter.

ormondroyd
    Free Member

I used to dismiss him as bitter and twisted. But the thing is, I was wrong to do so, and he was right to make this his life’s work. Cycling and sport in general needs people like Kimmage, because it’s clear that the interests of those at the top have not been to fix key problems.

Have also put a bit into the defence fund: http://nyvelocity.com/content/features/2012/paul-kimmage-defense-fund. Just a small amount really but I think it’s the numbers that are as important as the sums involved.

Shandy
    Free Member

Bitter that everyone was cheating, how annoying!

rudebwoy
    Free Member

max respect to the Kimmage, his singlemindedness and tenacity have brought this out in the open. He has had to take the pariah status for years, it would probably affect anyone in an adverse manner, i take my hat off to him.

ton

i read his book, and hat’s off to him for what he did.
    we all know now, and some knew years ago that pro cycling was full of cheats.
    but why not let it go.
    has a journalist, do some journalism and find something that people want to read.

ormondroyd
    Free Member

> but why not let it go.

Because it’s still going on? Because they’re suing him for saying so?

Klunk
    Free Member

my point is that he is a bitter man, still being consumed by his bitterness after all these years.

he should come on here, sounds like he’d fit right in. 😉

ton

sorry, i never realised he was in a court case.
    i was just talking about him in general. for being such a fool i apologise unreservedly…………. 😳

wwaswas

UCI appear to be taking line that by suing individuals not publications they can stop people speaking out for fear they’ll be sued and couldn’t afford to defend themselves.

Good way of stifling debate about UCI’s behaviour.

manitou
    Free Member

an annoying Irish kernt

warton
    Free Member

but why not let it go

Because the people doping then are team managers etc now. The doping doctors are all still involved in sport now (not just cycling).

If people like Kimmage let it go, doping will be back in a blink of the eye.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

manitou – Member
    an annoying Irish kernt

who wears the big hat when your’e away ?

ormondroyd
    Free Member

His defence fund is now over $20k. Nice to chip in a bit… Numbers count as much as cash i think

http://cyclismas.chipin.com/paul-kimmage-defense-fund

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Paul Kimmage on Twitter’ is closed to new replies.