Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Part exchanging a house for a new build
  • Pieface

Anyone done this? I assume its convenient but I expect to not get a good deal on the house I’m selling, but I’m sure a deal could be made. I assume that the best bet would be to sell the current house myself and buy the new house with the proceeds but property ain’t exactly moving fast ATM.

Not done anything serious yet, just thinking like.

grantway
    Free Member

Nope but make sure you buy it Off Plan
    That way as the development progresses you will be in profit.

Never buy when development is finished unless you get money off

Also check out there last two builds, to know how it went
    even ask people are they happy !

uwe-r
    Free Member

Buy of plan. Not for me, plenty of people living in half built developments will tell you that is a bad idea. yes it will go up in value if its a success but that is not a risk worth taking.

uponthedowns
    Free Member

Last resort I reckon. They’ll screw you over the price on the house you’re selling

Stoner
    Free Member

brother did it.

cost about 5%-10% discount on his (which was not shifting in the market).

I reckon it was a good move by him, liquidity and flexibility are sometimes worth paying for. People can really get hung up on valuation targets without understanding that they are opinions only, and the real price someone will pay for a house is substantially lower. It takes a lot of convincing to get people to adjust their over-elevated expectations.

But the flexibility that a concrete sale can give you can be a real bonus, and unlock your capital’s potential on a new home.

ratherbeintobago

We looked at it. There is (or was) a premium for buying a new build, and bear in mond the need to put in curtains/carpets etc. that probably won’t be included.

Also, depending on the developer you’re buying from, there may be some kind of catch like the property you trade in having to sell on within a certain time period – if it doesn’t there can be financial penalties etc.

Andy

kerv
    Free Member

We did it, had a house we were struggling to get rid of and the developer had one house left they wanted to shift. We were well pleased with the deal we got.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Part exchanging a house for a new build’ is closed to new replies.