Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Parking ticket – in free parking area!
  • Freester

but once you read up on* the scheming, shoddy and outright dodgy stuff the parking companies get up to, then you start to side with the driver.

^^this, and this again

theotherjonv

But £100 for 5 mins parking??

So you say. How do i know you haven’t been there all day? [devil’s advocate / playing the role of evil parking co]

The penalty has to be enough to be a deterrent without being so high as to be unreasonable, and that is now allowable after the court ruling. Sorry, that’s the rules now.

Otherwise, as per my example above, people would park all day, and then claim they’d only been there five minutes and if they lost that argument, then £15 is still easily swallowed. There’s no real incentive to play by the rules in that case whereas if the penalty’s £80, there is.

Doesn’t it sadden people that all this is about trying to defend some one who broke the rules?

I am sympathetic but in this case, you’re the one losing out because society at large can’t be trusted to play fair. Whether your daughter did it maliciously or in error, she has to carry the can for the genuinely dishonest as well. You haven’t a leg to stand on technically, hence why i said before your best bet is to get the shop involved.

Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Parking ticket – in free parking area!’ is closed to new replies.