Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Parents and there childrens bikes
  • spanishbarry
    Free Member

It always amazes me as to how many parents let there child ride an unsafe bike in the little area where I live all the children bring there bikes to me for fixing , I dont mind one bit "but" what happend before we lived in the area and how long had they been riding defective bikes.
    Ok flat or under inflated tyres are the norm ,but bikes with no handlebar grips and loose saddles, brakes either broken or ineffective and peddles with no cage and just the spindle attatched.
    I dont let my son ride his bike without a helmet but it always amazes me how many children ride unsafe or dangerous bikes

mtbfix

Treat it as a mechanism for population control.

uplink
    Free Member

we rode anything & everything when I was a kid

I don't remember too many serious injuries or accidents caused by 'defective' bikes

cookeaa

The difference is that you see a Bicycle as a proper piece of sporting equipment/transport, to many (non-cyclist) parents a bike is just another toy that junior will loose interest in or grow out of….

Personally I’d be quite cautious about fixing other children’s bikes, as soon as they take a tumble, “injury Lawyers 4U” will be called in to get the compo… :mistrust:

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Parents and there childrens bikes’ is closed to new replies.